Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 10:36:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482419 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2008, 08:00:59 AM »

Steve all I drink around here is Community (dark roast) its a Louisiana coffee company out of Baton Rouge, La. get a lb. and 1/2 pkg. for about 7 bucks...REAL good coffee..PM me your address and I will send you a package to try..

PM on the way j2 Thanks!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
AnnabellaGamebirds

« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »

18* this morning when I went out to feed. Brrr.. a little cold snap.

Should be warming up a lot this weekend in Utah.

Jon Lee - Web Geek
Annabella Brittany Kennels
GSP4

« Reply #437 on: April 18, 2008, 06:22:46 AM »

53* this morning with a high of 82* in afternoon
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #438 on: April 18, 2008, 06:44:49 AM »

Outside temp here in Slate, WV  35.1* chilly light frost and clear skies and calm winds. Barometer on the down slide for the rain coming in tomorrow.

Rest of today to be nice warm weather high 80* and mostly sunny, with winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

5 out of 7 sunny days this week isn't to shabby j2

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2008, 08:29:17 AM »

32* here at 6AM. Got my meat chickens last night and it's too cold to put them out in the barn even with heat lamps.
Had to move the wifes car out of the garage. j41
See how long she lets me get away with it.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2008, 09:44:05 AM »

61* here in N.E. Louisiana this am with a high of 67*..Rain is here for most of the day. Gonna get a little cool after it passes. Guess this will be a coffee drinking day. Have a good 1...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2008, 10:49:38 AM »

-7c wind from the north @ 26km/h
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2008, 01:05:02 PM »

-7c wind from the north @ 26km/h

-7c is 19.4F that is quite chilly! How long does it take for it to warm up and what is the expected high?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »

11:50AM and it has hit the high of -5c.
Calling for -10c tonight .
High of -3c tomorrow with flurries in the morning.
Highs for next Tuesday is +4c and Wed +6c (with freezing each night)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »

I was roastin' today!!     :-|

This hot weather really stinks, I wish it would cool off a tad!   ^-^

Canada looks better all the time. Better get ready up there, because there is a bunch of us!   :-o

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

Hey,
instead of this topic being "how cold was it this morning by you?" Why not change it to how hot or warm was it this morning by you??

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2008, 08:36:25 PM »

OK it was a warm 32* at 6AM in NH :grin:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #447 on: April 19, 2008, 10:08:24 AM »

-11c wind from the north @ 19km/h

Time to plant the garden ?

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #448 on: April 19, 2008, 10:28:51 AM »

Outside temp early this morning was 43* and clear skies at 4am. It is now 66* with more clouds then sun.

Weather change to PM rain with T-storms, and rain tomorrow and now for Monday as well.

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves,

Do you do a garden? and if so, do you start your seeds indoors..

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #449 on: April 19, 2008, 10:57:53 AM »

Two gardens right now. Going to make some changes this, or next, year and have only one. The original owners had planted a row of Choke Cherry trees along the north side, and some kind of Willow on the south side. Not much sun gets in it. I'll be cutting down the Cherry trees. The garden in the picture is one I made. So it will end up being where a future pen will be.
Yes, we start stuff inside. Plant in June. We will plant a few things like potatoes likely on the May long weekend (last week of May-ish).
Short growing season up here !

I hate to cut the trees down, but labcanman informed me the Cherry tree leaves give off cyanide when wilting. It can kill horses etc if they eat enough.
Also, the old garden is a waste of space with the way the trees are. Thought of building a pen at one time, but the seeds of those Cherry trees are also toxic.
I have at least a dozen of them to get rid of. Front yard as well. All the planting I'm doing is in much better lines and mainly Spruce, Pine for property edge/shelter belts. Place needs a lot more green during the winter. Alberta is a drab looking Province in the winter. Main tree seems to be Poplars. Lots of green as you travel more north though.
I had ordered 125 Spruce from a free Gov. source....they "substituted" with 70 Scots Pine. So where I had planned to plant the Spruce will have to wait for another year. Pines will go to another area that I had not wanted to plant till next year. (leave it up to the Gov. to screw up my plans!) Last time I'll likely order from them.
I always keep an eye out for the tree planters. They will often give me some/lots. There are about 1000 in a box. I'd really like to get my hands on a full box or two and be done with planting them for a while !
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »