Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:45:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482407 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #405 on: April 05, 2008, 09:02:12 AM »

Yesterday was sunny and warm. Sat on a lawn chair in front of my shop....thinking about work/doing something. Thankfully, the "pop" was good and helped me decide to do nothing.
About 3(ish) PM a stiff breeze came in from the N.E. temps droped fast.

This morning, it's snowing.

BL17....you are one funny duck ! Your 25 sq. ft. "field" would do better if you just added about one cubic foot of peat moss. I'd say to compost, but your field is smaller than a compost bin  s020
All that time and trouble, and you'll get less than a hand full of grain.
But then again, we know you are just "kidding" us, to get us to respond.....all in good fun, I guess. I know it makes at least me laugh !  s020
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2008, 05:49:44 PM »

Birdlover,

Is Gouz Farms still in business?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

I have no idea, never heard of it, do you know what county its in?

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #407 on: April 07, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »

Actually it is on,or was on the Queens/Elmont border, on Dutch Broadway.

Nice day today sun and some clouds, for Sunday. High hit 75* with winds SSW-5-10mph

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 01:03:40 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #408 on: April 07, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »

Actually it is on,or was on the Queens/Elmont border, on Dutch Broadway.

Oh ok, there is a little farm in Elmont, but its part of the Racetrack, maybe thats the one your referring to.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #409 on: April 07, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »

Today, cloudy and chilly, tomorrow sunshine returns gradually getting warmer...
Oat/canary seed crop didn't sprout yet, so Pheasant Hollow Farm, as soon as it does germinate I'll will gladly post pictures of it. It has been on the cool side for a couple of days so the oats and canary seed wont germinate as quick or fast as if it was warm. It does look to be warmer here soon so I'm sure the oats and canary seed will sprout shortly. I'm just having trouble with the birds, there eating up all the grain and seeds i planted, I've tried putting plastic bags all tied to a string to scare them away, I'm going to just lay some plastic sheets over it and remove it when i see growth. They just can't seem to leave it alone, but they got to eat too right. Here are a few pictures of my first new baby doves, they hatched last week and are growing rapidly.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #410 on: April 08, 2008, 11:08:57 AM »

Outside temp this am 59* Plenty of sunshine j41 winds SSE 6 mph. Over all a nice day starting out.

Eggs in the bator yesterday.

Tomorrow through Saturday looking grim once again.

Tomorrow: A few showers early then thundershowers developing later in the day. High 68F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Tomorrow night: A shower or two possible early with partly cloudy skies late. Low 49F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Thursday: Mostly Cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

Friday: Thunderstorms. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

Saturday: Few showers. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the upper 30s.

Enjoy the sunshine while it lasts Ohio, Kentucky, and the rest of the surrounding area members.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm  j2

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #411 on: April 08, 2008, 11:13:25 AM »

Birdlover,

Those pictures that you posted are blurry. If you hadn't stated that those were dove in there, I would have though that you had some kind of plants growing in those planters.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Oh and by the way, Gouz Dairy Farm went out of Business some time back in the late 80's or 90's. Oh well so much for another landmark place in history on the Queens and Elmont border.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #412 on: April 08, 2008, 01:48:03 PM »

Birdlover,

Those pictures that you posted are blurry. If you hadn't stated that those were dove in there, I would have though that you had some kind of plants growing in those planters.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Oh and by the way, Gouz Dairy Farm went out of Business some time back in the late 80's or 90's. Oh well so much for another landmark place in history on the Queens and Elmont border.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Yeah i know the pics are blurry, it isn't that easy to try to take a picture of the doves, trying to place the camera right in front of them to get the best possible picture, then i had to make sure the dove pair didn't see me trying to take a pic. of their babies. These were the best pictures that i could take, I'll try again one day when they get a little bigger.
"Plants growing in those planters"..... j41

Didn't know that about Gouz Dairy Farm, i don't know if you know but there is another farm around Queens called Queens County Farm Museum, this farm dates back to at least the 1900's if not 1800's. I've been there many times they have every farm animal imaginable plus land for planting.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #413 on: April 11, 2008, 05:36:14 AM »

Well here it is at 5:29am and it is a warm 64* cloudy and no breeze. What a wake up from yesterday morning of 38* and it hit a high here at 84* with plenty of sunshine.

Looks like we are going to be in for some nasty weather for today and tonight.

Today: Isolated thunderstorms this morning, then variable clouds during the afternoon hours with strong thunderstorms. Storms may produce large hail and strong winds. High around 75F. Winds SSW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.

Tonight: Thunderstorms during the evening will give way to partly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 51F. Winds SW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

More mud on the way s53

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #414 on: April 11, 2008, 12:56:30 PM »

today, cloudy with rain , highs around the 50's. Oats/Canary grass finally coming up, so Pheasant Hollow Farm, pictures will be posted on wednesday or thursday, i'm struggling with the birds there continuing to bury in the planting bed, won't let them do this, i have wild bird food for them, hopefully this helps.
Take Care!!  j2

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #415 on: April 11, 2008, 01:47:18 PM »

today, cloudy with rain , highs around the 50's. Oats/Canary grass finally coming up, so Pheasant Hollow Farm, pictures will be posted on wednesday or thursday, i'm struggling with the birds there continuing to bury in the planting bed, won't let them do this, i have wild bird food for them, hopefully this helps.
Take Care!!  j2

Heavy rain coming down here in WV. Spring has sprung, and the rains have begun. Here's mud in yer eye and no apple pie. The birds are laying, the grass is green. I have no idea where this is going, so I won't be mean.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2008, 10:18:45 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm,
today noticed that my oats and canary seed coming up, so i will defintely post pictures sometime around wednesday as i said. Yep Spring has Sprung, my tulips and other spring bulbs are getting ready to bloom, and i'm working on a Japanese Quail hatch soon, collected 3 eggs from my breeders soon, their laying plenty of eggs and can't wait to raise a couple of chickies soon, again.

Take Care & enjoy the wonderful spring season its a great time!!!

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #417 on: April 13, 2008, 06:20:56 AM »

More rain moving into the area this morning with some scattered snow  s53 yes snow flurries.

High to day 50* if it makes it. 34* right now at the farm.

Just when you thought it would be safe to go out and play.. s80

Have a nice day j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #418 on: April 13, 2008, 06:58:33 AM »

04:57 .....+10c  :grin:

snow is going to go fast today !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2008, 08:12:38 AM »

Another cold morning here in WV. Outside temp at 8am 37* all clouds with a chance of snow flurries. High today 51* with rain later in the afternoon.
Winds N@5-10mph.

So much for getting the area tilled and ready for the food plots and garden. Ground wet and still gonna be to cold. Low tonight 27*.

Time to start the fire in the old stove once again. The birds are going to stop laying if this cold continues..

Keep warm and dry j2

Have a nice day  :?:

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »