Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:47:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482414 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #390 on: April 01, 2008, 02:04:21 PM »

66* not too bad, a little rain, damp. Going to plant a crop of oats in my property, my birds will thank me.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #391 on: April 01, 2008, 02:17:08 PM »

Well we almost had all of our snow gone, 2 days ago we hit 50*degrees, but yesterday/this morning we got another 6+ inches of snow s49, talk about April Fools s020 Well I guess it is MN so i should expect it, i think we are supposed to back up to high 40s maybe 50 by Friday. But then everything has to dry out again... :x
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #392 on: April 01, 2008, 06:18:34 PM »

66* not too bad, a little rain, damp. Going to plant a crop of oats in my property, my birds will thank me.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? What  one plant ??????
elijahv17

« Reply #393 on: April 01, 2008, 07:00:52 PM »

when i got off work this mornin at 5:30 it was 35 and rainy. this afternoon it was 72 and sunny with partial clouds
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2008, 11:04:32 PM »

66* not too bad, a little rain, damp. Going to plant a crop of oats in my property, my birds will thank me.?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? What  one plant ??????

s020 yeah i thought he didn't have any land, if he does why is he keeping his birds in tiny pens under is deck s80
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #395 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »

No jchiar, not one plant probably an area 5 ft by 5ft around there.
Its not a "tiny" pen as you put it, it has easily 60 square feet if not, more. At least i try planting something, its not about the space as much as the quality, i rather pick quality over space. I may not have a huge property but if i have quality this is better than someone with huge property and poor quality.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #396 on: April 02, 2008, 01:41:59 PM »

entertainment  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #397 on: April 04, 2008, 04:54:06 AM »

Heavy rains and a balmy 50* this morning. Flood watch is in effect until Saturday morning. Over 1 inch of rain is expected.

Just when you start to dry out.. the only thing starting to grow in this weather is the grass.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #398 on: April 04, 2008, 05:04:03 AM »

No jchiar, not one plant probably an area 5 ft by 5ft around there.
Its not a "tiny" pen as you put it, it has easily 60 square feet if not, more. At least i try planting something, its not about the space as much as the quality, i rather pick quality over space. I may not have a huge property but if i have quality this is better than someone with huge property and poor quality.

Birdlover,

So , it looks as if your farm in Queens, NY puts a new meaning to a Gentlemens Farm. Please post some pictures of the property from the back property line showing your pen area and crop and garden area.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #399 on: April 04, 2008, 12:21:28 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm,
Sure no problem I'll post some pictures of the property, just let me wait about 4 days for the oats to grow in, this way you could see some of it, i also planted Canary seed, which is a good feed for the birds, but the oats and canary seed does take about 3 months to be ready to harvest, so I'm mostly using them for improving the quality of the soil with cover crops, then when i plant my veggies over the grain bed the veggies will grow a lot better with the addition of organic matter from the (oats) mixed into the soil. If i want grain/straw or hay I'll plant it again in mid-May, then just let it grow all spring and summer long to be ready to harvest within approx. 3 months. I mean its not much what i have here but i try and make it work, and it doesn't hurt to try, and so far its looking great.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #400 on: April 04, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »

Birdlover,

What does your parents say about your farming abilities? Maybe CharlieHorse will donate a tractor to you. j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #401 on: April 04, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »

Hi,
Not much, they just seem extra nice come harvest season... s020 eating all my veggies  s176 , i should lock the garden up. It's like i work hard to cultivate, weed, sow , plant , harvest then they just eat. I personally love it, i would do anything to just have more room.
 That tractor would be nice, huh? I would use the tractor for a minute and be done. I was actually considering going to school for farming, but then i realized you can't really be taught how to farm you have to develop it within yourself, and since it was "new york" highly doubt this field being up for grabs.
Honestly people here dont seem to care about gardening or anything pertaining to farming that much, i'm just glad i'm talented in this field and oneday i'll have myself some property and like you, move out of pollution york , and into the countryside where i belong.     j2

jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #402 on: April 04, 2008, 06:20:12 PM »

Birdlover take a ride to Westport and I will teach you how to farm .Only about 5 hours north of Queens  .I am in NJ  right now and will be heading north about 4 am will be happy to give you a ride j41
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:25:59 PM by jchiar » Logged
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #403 on: April 04, 2008, 07:09:42 PM »

I will teach you how to farm

I know the ins and outs of farming, but there may be a couple of topics that i may not be familiar with. Thanks for the offer i appreciate, I'm sure it would have been a great and useful experience.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #404 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:56 AM »

Birdlover,

Is Gouz Farms still in business?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »