Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:29:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482396 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #345 on: March 16, 2008, 02:59:01 AM »

50* here this am in N.E. Louisiana expected high around 78*. Bad storms last night. I sweated for the first time this year yesterday cleaning all those gal. water jugs out in the sun. Getting the ground ready to plant fresh greens for the quail..Going to finish up the new rollout cages that I am building and get the rest of the Butlers moved into them..Turkey season opens next weekend hav to do some scouting today...

Hey Slider,

What is 78* like? s020  We had that for one day over a week ago, then it snowed. I am still fighting ice in the water buckets. What a mud fest around here. Light rain on Friday, and on and off snow showers for today.

Peeks of sunshine later. High 46F. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 mph.

The weather wasn't like this last year. Still no signs of flowers coming up, and still no pheasant eggs.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #346 on: March 17, 2008, 11:53:24 PM »

Steve it is great!!!!! It was 80* today..All the trees r budding out and the peach and plum trees r blooming...My Bobs r whistling and starting to strut....It is really nice to be able to get out and work around the birds...I hav game hens with biddies on the ground. I think that it is finally here...It is alot prettier where u live than here....I love them hills....

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #347 on: March 18, 2008, 05:45:43 AM »

Steve it is great!!!!! It was 80* today..All the trees r budding out and the peach and plum trees r blooming...My Bobs r whistling and starting to strut....It is really nice to be able to get out and work around the birds...I hav game hens with biddies on the ground. I think that it is finally here...It is alot prettier where u live than here....I love them hills....

Nothing but more rain on the way here for the next two days. There is still no sign of plant life around here. Maybe it is due to the fact that I am in a hollow?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #348 on: March 18, 2008, 07:36:36 AM »

There is still no sign of plant life around here. Maybe it is due to the fact that I am in a hollow?

Nope, nothin' on the ridge tops either!   :-|

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #349 on: March 18, 2008, 07:46:41 AM »

CharlieHorse,

Nothing blooming over by you either?

I did finally hear the peeper frogs at 7am in the rain this morning while feeding the dogs.

I think though by Thursday and Friday with the overnight low's in the 20*s
they will dig them selves back underground.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #350 on: March 18, 2008, 08:20:21 AM »

Hang on guys its coming....71* this am...rain is on its way...

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #351 on: March 18, 2008, 08:27:56 AM »

Hang on guys its coming....71* this am...rain is on its way...

slider,

Nothing like adding insults to injury.  s020  s020  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #352 on: March 18, 2008, 08:52:40 AM »

Steve I will be crying in July and August when it will be 85 at 5am and 105 at 3pm... s020

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #353 on: March 18, 2008, 09:03:45 AM »

Steve I will be crying in July and August when it will be 85 at 5am and 105 at 3pm... s020

Is that in the direct sun, or in the shade?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #354 on: March 18, 2008, 02:46:03 PM »

Well it seem like they are predicting a minimum of 2 inches and a maximum of 3 inches within the next 24-48 hrs. All this and not even a weather warning as of yet.

I wonder if the birds are smart enough to get into a boat, they sure as hell don't go into the barn under these conditons.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #355 on: March 18, 2008, 02:55:40 PM »

Shade r sun  does not matter around here  cusssssss the humidity will be 96.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2008, 08:42:01 AM »

Day 2 of the peeper frogs!

Outside temp here in Slate WV at 0836, 63* Cloudy  bar. 29.33" and falling winds W 2.2 mph.

Between yesterday and lastnight we picked up just under 1 inch of rainfall. So far this morning, we are skirting the rain that is shown on the Radar.

They predict 1 inch or better of rain here today.

Who else is getting swamped today?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2008, 08:59:59 AM »

Well all of that bad weather missed us in N.E. Louisiana but the wind blew about 50 to 60 miles an hr. all day.. Could not do anything outside. very calm this am...Got new electronic thermostats in from GQF late yesterday will be putting them on my 2 1502`s today..Will finish setting up the rest of my Butler breeders today in roll out pins.. I hav 75 hens and 45 males...hav 15 extra males that r going into the freezer. Hope everyone gets thru this weather safe...

brentsquailfarm

« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2008, 09:54:01 AM »

The weather man said  we would be getting 6in of rain. Well now we have about 13 to 15 inches of rain and no stop insight. It started on Monday and has not stopped since. The lake that I live on is coming up fast and I got to go move the docks in some more.

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2008, 10:07:27 AM »

The weather man said  we would be getting 6in of rain. Well now we have about 13 to 15 inches of rain and no stop insight. It started on Monday and has not stopped since. The lake that I live on is coming up fast and I got to go move the docks in some more.

I don't envy you with that kind of rain. How are the birds, are they swimming yet?

Take and post some picture of the situation that you have. Just think, next year this time you can compare days.

This thread in more of a weather blog. I should have started this 2years ago for weather comparisons.

Stay safe!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »