Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:08:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482393 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #315 on: February 22, 2008, 01:43:24 PM »

birddog,
thanks again for the offer, but this morning we got hit with half a foot of snow or more..................... p42

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #316 on: February 22, 2008, 06:30:02 PM »

HALF A FOOT !!!!! oh my do you need any help. call the national guard  :grin:
are you sure thats snow?? that almost  looks like fog

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #317 on: February 23, 2008, 10:24:29 AM »

Well birdlover,

Looks like you got 1/2 your wish with the snow. We picked up 1.5 inches Thursday late afternoon and then it turned to freezing rain to cap of the snow for Friday morning.

The temps today are just like Fridays, hovering around the 32.5* mark with it either doing snow flurries or light annoying drizzle. Still have at least 1/2 inch on the ground.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #318 on: February 23, 2008, 04:27:15 PM »

Yep i got 1/2 of my wish, this morning i went to get two coturnix quail hens for my breeder pairs for this year, getting all my pairs ready for the breeding season, hope its a great one!! 
Of course that's snow birddog, believe me i had to take a double take on friday morning, i almost didn't recognize what all that white stuff was, since we didnt have that much snow this year...... s020

Stay safe and warm guys!!

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #319 on: February 26, 2008, 06:11:50 AM »

Well here it is once again in WV @ 6am under heavy rain and calm winds and temps at 34*

Today: Rain High 43F. SE winds shifting to WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Rainfall around a half an inch. like we really need more rain, s80 the water is laying on top of the ground as it is now :cry:

Tonight: Snow this evening will taper off to light snow late. Low 22F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Snow accumulating 1 to 2 inches. we finally get rid of the snow from the last 3 days of rain just to start the cycle all over again. s53

Tomorrow: Snow showers. Colder. High near 25F. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulations less than one inch. that groundhog should have been shot s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #320 on: February 26, 2008, 01:18:52 PM »

that groundhog should have been shot s020

Yeah but at least he was right about more winter on the way... j41

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #321 on: February 27, 2008, 05:09:55 AM »

Well the weather forecast was right, we got an 1.5 inches of fresh snow so far from yesterday late evening and it is still snowing, and the temps are 24*.

I think the Robins made a mistake coming to WV this early.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #322 on: February 27, 2008, 08:14:09 AM »

Hmmmm;
Ground Hog stew and Robin Pot pie, now there's some good eating. :grin:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #323 on: February 27, 2008, 09:35:43 AM »

I'd rather have Moose stew.

7F here this morn, my green patches on the lawn got whitened up yesterday, but hey, 3 more weeks and its spring ! 

Somewhere.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #324 on: February 28, 2008, 07:41:56 AM »

Total snow fall here on the farm for Feb 27, 08 was 2 1/4 inches yesterday.

Cold morning with the temp @ 15* calm winds, sun coming over the mountain, with a high of 30*

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

This is what it looks like this morning j2

Fivehollers
Expert Member

Miss Hannah Mae Pike

« Reply #325 on: February 28, 2008, 08:40:10 AM »

Toledo, Illinois 7:35 am and its 19 degrees. The heaters are working in the Quail house(trying to keep the waterers from freezing)  although the chuckers are out in the cold. The rabbits are not moving too much this morning. The coyotes are moving this morning saw two on the hill out the front door which is about 150 yards from the house (the hill not the door) , going to carry my camera more often and maybe the rifle.

Don't rely on the weather stations too much because the towns they report for are more than 30 miles either direction you go and it is usually warmer in town than in the boonies.

Lori

Five Hollers Quail Farm
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #326 on: March 02, 2008, 01:35:13 PM »

Today, plenty of sunshine in the mid 40s, tomorrow sunny high near 60.... p42
Can't wait till spring gets here

labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #327 on: March 04, 2008, 08:38:48 AM »

We were having above normal temps. the last 2 weeks, that ended yesterday. I have been shaking 2 1/2 " of wet snow off of my pens overnight. It's supposed to get above freezing by the weekend.  s176

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #328 on: March 04, 2008, 09:28:32 AM »

Well this past weekend the temps were between 65* & 70*F. Which made for some good ole drag racing weather. I like to watch the Kids go tear up them new cars and trucks that mom and dad worked hard for. An now today we have a  s53 load of that  s53 s53 white stuff falling. It will be very  s53 nice when spring gets here. The temp outside is 27*F right now with 2 to 3 inches of white sh*t. More to come today.

Brent

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #329 on: March 04, 2008, 12:54:06 PM »

74* Sunshine on Sunday and winds lt. & var. Monday was 79* sunshine and winds S @ 10-15mph.

This morning the skies open up to heavy rains and the high for today so far is 52* calm winds no rain at the present time. We do have a chance of t-storms later in the day towards evening.

Chance of snow for tomorrow. So much for the 70* sunshine tease weather.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »