Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 05:55:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482467 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2008, 12:43:19 PM »

rain here too...want some sun        Can't stand all that mud......... s80

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2008, 05:33:34 AM »

Over night with light snow dusting, and outside temp here in Slate, WV 22* and clear skies, winds Lt. & Var.

Today: Windy. Snow flurries and a few snow showers throughout the day. Colder. High 33F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 30%.

Keep Warm j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2008, 06:52:54 AM »

rain here too...want some sun        Can't stand all that mud......... s80

Birdlover,

Please post a picture of what you call mud in the backyard in Queens, NY.

This I have got to see.  s144

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2008, 03:07:59 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm,
 i have a backyard with dirt, that when it rains alot makes mud, i dont see how hard it is to believe. Well if you dont believe me see for yourself, the mud is drying up a little so it might not look like mud right now.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2008, 03:28:12 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm,
 i have a backyard with dirt, that when it rains alot makes mud, i dont see how hard it is to believe. Well if you dont believe me see for yourself, the mud is drying up a little so it might not look like mud right now.

birdlover,

This is what we call mud around here.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2008, 03:51:37 PM »

Hi,
i can understand how that can be called mud, my pens sometimes get mud like that too, but not like yours. But if you added concrete to their pens, wouldn't it get less messy, this is what my pens have.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2008, 04:05:18 PM »

Hi,
i can understand how that can be called mud, my pens sometimes get mud like that too, but not like yours. But if you added concrete to their pens, wouldn't it get less messy, this is what my pens have.

With the price of concrete at around $80.00 a yard I don't think so, beside, then I can't plant in the spring when I move the birds. I have drainage but the mud this time of year s80.

The yard its self isn't to bad as long as you don't continuously walk on it. That's when the mud seems to come to the surface.

Besides, you have sand in Queens. Our mud here in WV is RED CLAY. Nothing like slip-sliden-away when you hit it. Hard as a rock when it is dry.

Snow on the way for tomorrow 1-2"  s80  I would rather have the freeze instead.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2008, 04:11:32 PM »

yeah i know what red clay is like, they have that in North Carolina, oneday when i was there i was trying to plant a tree it must of took me almost an hour trying to dig through that hard dirt, i know what its like. Yeah theirs a chance for snow tomorrow here as well.
Take Care!!!   j2

greyghost
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2008, 06:31:03 PM »

4 above w/ wind chill-15 in nothern Ill. Tommorow; 10 for the high. Damn!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #309 on: February 20, 2008, 11:21:34 AM »

Well so far for Wednesday, 2.75 inches of the white stuff called snow, and still coming down.

High for the day 27* snow ending after 2pm.

Keep warm!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #310 on: February 20, 2008, 12:33:05 PM »

snow flurries today....Friday big snowstorm could bring a foot of snow.......... p42

jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #311 on: February 20, 2008, 04:10:11 PM »

snow flurries today....Friday big snowstorm could bring a foot of snow.......... p42
   WHAT PART OF NY ARE YOU IN :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: a couple of inches maybe
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:01:12 PM by jchiar » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2008, 04:51:53 AM »

Cold -0.9*clear skies for this early morning here in Slate WV.

Total snow fall yesterday was 2 3/4 inches and ended by 1pm. High for today is 32*, partly to mostly cloudy skies. Looks like this snow will be around for the next couple of days.

Days like this make me wish I had heated water for the birds.  j2

j41   a heated 500 foot driveway would be nice too   s020

Keep warm!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2008, 01:27:21 PM »

jchiar,
I'm in Queens, NY  two days ago the weatherman said we would get a foot of snow, now their saying 1" to 3", boy they change their mind all the time, here i was happy thinking a foot, but i'll take 1" to 3" .

birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2008, 07:08:45 PM »

Birdlover I told you before come and get it! got all the snow you want. . even after the torrential rain we had recently there is still  2 to 3 feet of snow in places. I know I had to restring the electric fencing out back yesterday nothing like walking across the crust thinking you have it made then all at once sink up to your s53  it is deep out there! we do not get the mud real bad for about another month or so but when we do look out especially with all the snow still on the ground. I was thinking about holding mud runs through the front yard last year  s020

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »