Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 11:18:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482423 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #150 on: January 15, 2008, 07:25:36 AM »

21* with 1/2 inch of snow on ground overnight. High today 29* with snow flurries with an additional accumulations of less then one inch.

Wednesday, we are in for a heat wave with the highs of 40* and sunshine.

Time for spring to get here, tired of the cold wet, snow and the yoyo temps.

Glad to here you missed the snow birdlover.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #151 on: January 15, 2008, 09:03:54 AM »

-10c, blowing snow, only got 1/2 my bedding changed.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #152 on: January 15, 2008, 09:07:49 AM »

28F, new snow and stiff breeze, better then 2 years ago with -25F.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2008, 05:21:50 AM »

Here it is 25* and cloudy skies and calm winds. High for today 39* and plenty of sunshine.

Going out today to pick up feed. I wonder how bad I am going to get hit per ton. I don't ask for the price over the phone, I don't want to get discouraged or upset. s020

I guess if ya want to play, you gotta pay j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2008, 12:48:25 PM »

today, abundant sunshine, temps getting cold... Arctic Blast headed for the northeast.bbbrrrrrrrrr need to fire up that fireplace.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2008, 01:15:23 PM »

today, abundant sunshine, temps getting cold... Arctic Blast headed for the northeast.bbbrrrrrrrrr need to fire up that fireplace.

birdlover, are you actually telling me that or saying that you can still operate an open fireplace in the City of Queens? I though for sure that the NYC EPA had shut down all Fireplaces in the City of NY.

I was hassled by a neighbor in Bayshore, NY where I lived back in the 80's. She complained that the Fire Place Smoke was getting into her laundry (she didn't like the smell of smoke in her draws)that she hung outside during the winter. Needless to say she was trying to blow smoke up my arse. She actually had the Suffolk County Board of Health come down and check to see my smoke levels coming out my chimney. I was informed that I was legal and nothing else came about it.

I had questioned my neighbor about this, and I informed here that I was South West of her on the blocked and the winds were coming from the North West. So there was no way my chimney smoke if any went her way.

She was just one of those neighbors, along with many others that had nothing to do but mind other peoples business. I am glad to be out of Long Island, and NYS.

The best thing for you to do is when you get of age, get the He77 out of NY and persue your dreams no matter what they are in another state.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2008, 08:18:59 AM »

-6c but snowing hard, slight breeze out of the north west. should get a good accumulation.   s80

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2008, 08:28:46 AM »

Snow started at 8am this morning and has picked up. The current temp is 32.* I don't know how long it will last before the temps reach the high of 38* today and the winds Lt.&Var. but they say at least 1" accumulation, so I can see this turning into a slush mess before it actually ends. Then tonight with the temps going to be around 20* this turning into a nightmare for tomorrows driving conditions

Have a nice day!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2008, 08:45:04 AM »

-4c right now & they are calling for 80% snow, tapering to 60% this afternoon. High of -1c.
Warm temps will glaze up the roads nicely today.....just had a look out the window. I'd say it's 100% chance of snow and wind  :grin:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2008, 08:56:43 AM »

Reeves,

How are you doing on the trapping end with the bunnies? What is the season like for the gun hunters for the bunnies?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2008, 09:37:08 AM »

Haven't set snares for a while now.
I'd have to duoble check, but I think the bunny season is open to the end of Feb or Mar.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2008, 09:44:16 AM »

Labmancan....you going to be driving in this weather ? You have my cell # as well ? (on line/dial up here)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2008, 12:36:32 PM »

Snow has stopped and the temp is now 38* and all gone. It doesn't even look like it snowed. All total 1/2 of snow.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm,

Yep in Queens you can operate a small fireplace, but you can't make too much smoke or a big fire. I can't stand when people complain with the smoke, you can't even make a nice fire anymore. Yeah i know, i don't really like it here that much, I'm not a city person, wish i could move down South to North Carolina, life is better over there. I'm glad  your happy you got out of this state, i would be too, Enjoy yourself.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2008, 08:30:13 PM »

small fireplace. neighbors complaining about the smoke. thats nuts. and my wife wonders why I want to keep moving north  200 acres anywhere from Montana to alaska would be perfect but she wants to move south where its warmer.  s80

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »