Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 12:32:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482431 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2007, 01:37:22 AM »

Here it is 1:28 am, Overcast with rain and 36* Winds light and variable. So much for the winter weather. It's going to look like spring weather the next few days with the highs/lows reaching 44*/35 tomorrow(today)and going up to 64*/52 by Tuesday. Naturally there will be more rain coming on those days
also. s176

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2007, 06:09:38 AM »

Well it looks like another day of rain in WV. My farm picked up 0.08" of rain since 4am. All the snow has gone except for the little piles from the shovel.

Temps holding at 39* and calm winds. The pens are now  s80 mud. What a disaster it is going to be around the farm for the next couple of weeks.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2007, 04:09:33 PM »

CharlieHorse, How much snow did ya get?

Sounds like about the same as you.....3.5 to 4.    Now it's all mud.   Heck I'm just across the river and maybe a tad north of you. I was down in Mineral Wells just yesterday doing some Xmas shopping and such.   I got to learn to steer clear of that "Harbor Freight" place that they opened in Vienna!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2007, 05:01:47 AM »

CharlieHorse, How much snow did ya get?

Sounds like about the same as you.....3.5 to 4.    Now it's all mud.   Heck I'm just across the river and maybe a tad north of you. I was down in Mineral Wells just yesterday doing some Xmas shopping and such.   I got to learn to steer clear of that "Harbor Freight" place that they opened in Vienna!

Yes indeed, Harbor Freight! I have spent many $$$$$ there after leaving Sams Club.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2007, 08:01:51 AM »

About -6c right now and they are calling for a high of -4c today ! Coyotes will be moving today again  c110
They were moving well yesterday before it started to snow, got about 2" yesterday.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2007, 03:18:21 PM »

Nothing but rain rain rain. s80 Calm winds temps 45*. More rain in the forecast up until Friday.

As it is now we have a flood watch in effect in my area  s80 me :sad: Actually the flood watch in my area will be right in front of my house as I watch the creek rise.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »

Well here it is another rained out day as expected. Temps 45* calm winds.

Pens full of mud and so are the birds.

No high flood waters as they predicted. My ponds picked up a good 4 inches since the rains started last week. The creek in front of the property is running 4 feet high and I have debris starting to block the bridge.

More work, just what I need to do in the rain.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2007, 01:45:32 PM »

32 here right now with the light snow changed to rain and sleet forcast,  forcast for tomorrow is minus with some snow.  Strong wind blowing making the flag flap.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2007, 06:01:59 AM »

Well we had a reprive from rain here yesterday after 10am. The sun came out nice blue skies and the temps jumped from 56* to 65* by 12 noon to 74* with winds SSW @ 8-10mph, only to start getting cloudy by 4pm.

Overnight temps stayed at 64* and now the rains have returned at 5:20 this morning with the barometer heading down.

Short term forecast for my area is not to promising.

Today: Periods of showers, mainly between 9am and noon. Temperature falling to around 46 by 3pm. North wind between 6 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight: Rain likely, mainly after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday: Periods of rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 50. North wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

December has started out to be one wet month so far. Two of my ponds are just about maxed out on water. If we get the additional rain forecasted the ponds will go into the overflow and drain into the creek.

So depressing :sad:

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 09:26:09 AM »

Hey Steve

are you a night owl, early riser or get up to check things ??

I thought I was an early riser getting up at 530 but you sure got me beat.

We didnt get our minus, instead its now 25, mixed overcast, I think we are on the northern edge of the storm front coming up from the MW.   

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2007, 11:54:50 AM »

Hey Steve

are you a night owl, early riser or get up to check things ??

I thought I was an early riser getting up at 530 but you sure got me beat.

We didnt get our minus, instead its now 25, mixed overcast, I think we are on the northern edge of the storm front coming up from the MW.   

Jake,

I am usually up anytime from 1am-3am. and crash around 6:30-7pm. I just can't seem to sleep anymore since my son died.

So I will usually check here first, :laugh: and then go to the other forums that I am a member on: gun, weather and hunting c110, then check back here, before I really start my day  j45. By 7am I have down 2 pots of black coffee, and have another pot brewing.

By the way, Happy belated birthday to ya.   :-o  Your profile states that you are 67 years young is this correct? If so I think you are the oldest member.a31  j44

Well anyway, Happy birthday to ya  j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

P.S. What ever happen to a reply on the Off topic, this does not pertain to birds on page #4? http://www.thatquailplace.com/smf/index.php?topic=3929.45

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2007, 01:49:53 PM »

+1 and stuff melting a bit & calling 40% flurries. They would be right !

An old trapper fellow was here checking his spring snares. He saw a Coyote at the dead cow pit to the S.E. of my place & smoked it with a .284. It fell into the pit, and being in his 70s came by to see if I would haul it out for him (steep sides).
Got it out, but it was hit high center & hit the spine. Not a lot left.
Was dumping snow big time the whole time out...now it has quit.

Neat old fella, wants to go out calling Coyotes some time with me  c110
Dodgegal79
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2007, 04:57:22 PM »

Good he got that coyote, I've been sleeping very light listening for them here. Last week se had a lot of snow here in Vancouver and two nights in a row they were coming close to the house looking for the ducks. My hubby shot a pellet gun the first night at them and then the second he had his 22 back. So far they haven't been back and I'm hoping they dont come back, I've never shot the 22. As for here in Sourthern BC we are finally above freezing and going to get rain or snow today.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2007, 06:13:20 AM »

Flood Watch

/O.CON.KRLX.FA.A.0006.000000T0000Z-071214T0000Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
GREENUP-CARTER-BOYD-LAWRENCE KY-PERRY-MORGAN-ATHENS-WASHINGTON-
JACKSON OH-VINTON-MEIGS-GALLIA-LAWRENCE OH-WAYNE-CABELL-MASON-
JACKSON WV-WOOD-PLEASANTS-TYLER-PUTNAM-WIRT-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...FLATWOODS...GREENUP...GRAYSON...
OLIVE HILL...ASHLAND...LOUISA...NEW LEXINGTON...CROOKSVILLE...
SOMERSET...MCCONNELSVILLE...STOCKPORT...ATHENS...MARIETTA...
BELPRE...JACKSON...WELLSTON...OAK HILL...MCARTHUR...HAMDEN...
POMEROY...GALLIPOLIS...IRONTON...SOUTH POINT...KENOVA...CEREDO...
WAYNE...HUNTINGTON...POINT PLEASANT...NEW HAVEN...RAVENSWOOD...
RIPLEY...PARKERSBURG...VIENNA...ST. MARYS...BELMONT...
PADEN CITY...SISTERSVILLE...MIDDLEBOURNE...TEAYS VALLEY...
HURRICANE...ELIZABETH
413 AM EST THU DEC 13 2007

...FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT THROUGH THIS EVENING...

THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR

* PORTIONS OF NORTHEAST KENTUCKY...SOUTHEAST OHIO AND WEST
  VIRGINIA...INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS...IN NORTHEAST
  KENTUCKY...BOYD...CARTER...GREENUP AND LAWRENCE KY. IN
  SOUTHEAST OHIO...ATHENS...GALLIA...JACKSON OH...LAWRENCE OH...MORGAN...MEIGS...PERRY...VINTON AND WASHINGTON. IN WEST
  VIRGINIA...CABELL...JACKSON WV...MASON...PLEASANTS...PUTNAM...
  TYLER...WAYNE...WIRT AND WOOD.

* THROUGH THIS EVENING

* A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE ONE TO TWO INCHESOF RAIN OVER NORTHEAST KENTUCKY...SOUTHEAST OHIO...AND WESTERN WEST VIRGINIA TODAY. THE HEAVIEST RAIN CAN BE EXPECTED DURING THE MORNING AND EARLY AFTERNOON HOURS. WITH THE GROUND ALREADY SATURATED FROM PREVIOUS RAIN...THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR
FLOODING.

YOU SHOULD MONITOR LATER FORECASTS AND BE ALERT FOR POSSIBLE
FLOOD WARNINGS. THOSE LIVING IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING SHOULD BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLOODING DEVELOP.

PLEASE REPORT HIGH WATER TO THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BY
CALLING TOLL FREE...877-633-6772.

Here we go again,  s80 I woke up this morning to hear heavy rains, :sad: and looking out in the back yard, I have a small river flowing to a small over flow pond.  a28 To dark to see what the creek looks like.

Outside temp 37.8* calm winds and 97% humidity. Barometer 29.32" and falling. .39 inches of rain has fallen since 2am, and to think, we have the possibility of getting another 2" of rain for today.

Saturday and Sunday we are expecting mix precipitation. Nothing like getting it all at once since we had the dry summer.

CharlieHorse, get the boat out c53

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2007, 08:34:53 AM »

Hi Steve
thanks, I tell everyone I am 67 going on 13. I have something to keep me younger, very active in local SAR, I train the scouts who keep the dog teams located. In our heavy forest thats needed. I am waiting on a bluetick pup from MT to join our other hound, these are cold trail hounds, up to five day cold trails. So the miles I put on helps keep me fit, but, I am looking for a good saddle mule to join in the fun.

We are getting wind from the south and southwest now, northern edge of the front coming up from the SW , temp about 28 right now, anything could happen, thick overcast.

Hope the rain lets up on you, too much of a good thing isnt good. You have a couple thousand little umbrellas for the birds ?

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »