Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 07:37:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How cold was it this morning by you?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: How cold was it this morning by you?  (Read 482404 times)
millhoff
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2007, 11:31:36 PM »

about 20*F this morning, and yahoo is showing 23*F now which is the same as mine is showing. Had to finish weather proofing my one pen yesterday (Tired of hauling water couple of times a day, NOW it won't freeze and I am good for a couple of days)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2007, 05:30:26 AM »

There was nothing, nada, zip, zippo here as far as snow on the Wood/Wirt county line in WV yesterday. Winds here didn't reach any gusts worth while. Mead average winds were SW @ 3-5mph the whole day. with the temps holding at 33*.

Last night @ 11:30pm the skies were nice and clear. This morning at 3am there were some traces of snow on the deck, and the temp was 27.9* with the barometer reading at 2am: 29.12" and dropping.

At 4am this morning the barometer had dropped .06" within a hr. and now the snow is falling lightly, and the temps are 28* and calm winds.

They are still predicting: Yahoo weather 2-4" total, and Accuweather predicting 1-3" , in the 26143 zip code area with the high for today only 33* and winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.

I expected to see more deer come down last night to feed due to the expected snow. That never happened, right then and there I knew the snow wasn't going to come.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2007, 09:16:01 AM »

Yer running a GM....it's going to rust out anyway....if it lasts that long  :angel:

s80

That's not so, I said, "my beater truck", which is and old peice of Toyota junk. It's a fix or repair daily kind of truck, contrary to what they try to portray in the media.  I've drove GM's for up to 269,000miles and never had a problem and didn't feel like I was riding a hay wagon the whole time like the Toyotas.

a29

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2007, 02:24:12 PM »

Well it is still snowing s80

We are up to 2.75 inches of snow here on the Wood/Wirt county line in WV with the temps at 32* calm winds. The barometer is starting to finally rise.

Top flight netting has accumulated enough wet snow now that I have to go out and use a paint roller and pole to remove it. 5500sqft flight pen  s176 s80 .

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2007, 03:52:13 PM »

WELL we have got about 8in. of snow know and more on the way :cry:

PS AND I JUST LOVE ALL THE SMILLES!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2007, 05:26:19 PM »

i6

Wimpy Americans  s16

Couple inches of snow and the world ends  s85

Heck, I was out in (same as) -25c temps to shovel the roof off already  s98

(love these new icons  0009)
Chukar Breeder
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:11 PM »

I don't really mind it.....except a for the clearing/ shoveling/plowing/snowblowing a29
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2007, 06:07:11 AM »

We got 3.5 inches of snow here and 3/8 of an inch of mix precipitation before it all ended around 7pm yesterday. Other areas of the state got 4-8.

Cold this morning. 5* calm winds and clear skies. High today only 33* and mostly sunny.

CharlieHorse, How much snow did ya get?

i6

Wimpy Americans  s16

Couple inches of snow and the world ends  s85

Heck, I was out in (same as) -25c temps to shovel the roof off already  s98

(love these new icons  0009)

Yup, that 's right, blame the americans i6

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2007, 07:31:16 AM »

Snow started   s80 again this morning here on the Wood/Wirt county line in WV at 4am.

Another 1-2" possible before turning over to rain and then temps going into the mid to lower 40's.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2007, 09:17:04 AM »

But you need the snow/rain for your ponds/creeks !

They are calling for a low of -22c , high of -15c today. Tonight a low of -24c.
Zero chance of snow  :grin:
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2007, 11:34:14 AM »

- 20 is where the C and F come the closest, within a degree of two, either is colder then I want now,

the past week we have had right at 6-8F each morning and it has warmed up to around 25 in the day, this on top of 8-12" of snow so winter is here whatever the calendar says.  We've had a couple mornings below 0, but its not til jan we expect that to get serious then some morns around -25F, then it will creep up a bit. By feb back to the single digits in the morn and double digits days. 

For our wild birds the thing is to provide habitat to get them through the cold weather in jan and to survive the rest.   

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2007, 11:35:42 AM »

But you need the snow/rain for your ponds/creeks !

They are calling for a low of -22c , high of -15c today. Tonight a low of -24c.
Zero chance of snow  :grin:

Yes we do :laugh: but not all at once. If all the snow melts with the rain, that like double your pleasure and double your fun. My pens will be nothing but mud. The birds are not smart enough to stay in the barn, and I don't like washing muddy birds. I did that two years ago and had them sitting on a stool in the house in front of the wood stove to dry and me using a hair dryer. j2 The dogs at that time just sat there in amazement.

The fun started when the birds decide to get of the stool and go on the floor, s80 thats when the fun began j41 birds running on hardwood floors and 5 dogs not knowing to  s80 or go blind.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

- 20 is where the C and F come the closest, within a degree of two

-20c is about -4f

-40c is the same as -40f

Steve, I can see what a Rodeo it could have been  s020
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2007, 11:49:24 AM »

- 20 is where the C and F come the closest, within a degree of two

-20c is about -4f

-40c is the same as -40f

Steve, I can see what a Rodeo it could have been  s020

Reeves, but only if you could have been here s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2007, 12:12:19 PM »

-20 or -40, either is colder then I want/need.

Actually, the killer is the wind, I have seen -5 F quite comfortable when the air was still, add in wind and its a killer, our weather since nov has been with gusting winds and that makes it brutal.  Today thankfully is mild with barely any breeze, the kind of a day i call a gift. 

in 2003 I was dogsledding in the Yukon, a bit north of Whitehorse, we had many days with a high of -10F, but not a lot of wind, it was quite comfortable running dogs, what was bad when the fire burned out in the cabin stove and it got down to -34, in the cabin, makes for a fast dressing and firing up the propane stove for coffee ! I have friends who have run both the Yukon Quest and the Iditarod, and thats survival at its best. I couldnt handle the sleep deprivation I dont think.  8-10 hrs of riding a sled(jogging up hills etc) and I'm ready for a hot meal after the dogs get theirs and then a long sleep.  I think our coldest weather was -54 on the river.  It was an interesting winter but it pointed out that MI is cold enough for me.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 97 Go Up Print 
« previous next »