Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:54:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  new to quail
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new to quail  (Read 7191 times)
Smiles
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2007, 08:44:42 AM »

I looked at the incubator when I got home this evening and no there are five holes
that are not plugged ( i guess this is where the fan would go). I put tape over the holes, do you think that the last 24 days were wasted?

Only more time will tell.  Had you ever candled any of the eggs?

Never candled eggs before, but one hatched out last night about 1:00 and as of now at 742 am about 15 hatched and still popping out.

After I put the tape over the five holes the windows started building moisture, I don't no if it helped or not, I could just be impatient. ( very possible)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2007, 04:44:05 PM »

Sounds good.  Although I don't know how many eggs that you were incubating, hopefully most of them will hatch.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Smiles
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2007, 08:44:25 AM »

I had 110 in the incubator and all but about 20 have hatched. They are still hatching but seem to be slowing down. I have not lost but one so I am very pleased and hope that the good luck keeps up.

The ones that I moved to my brooder started eating and drinking right away.
JohnInDixon
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »

Be sure to drown proof your waterer.  I use marbles to keep them from falling in.  They peck in between them to get their drink.

John
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »