Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:04:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Oppose the USDA’s Mandatory Property and Animal Surveillance Program
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oppose the USDA’s Mandatory Property and Animal Surveillance Program  (Read 9401 times)
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »

I figured he was just trying to stir the pot, (or bowl, before flushing), which is one of his most endearing talents.

It was still big in the local Ag. news (weren't they a political family in the 70s?) as late as last summer.  The "volunteer" scam worked on some people who already had a Government hand out mentality.  I'm sure it will be as voluntary as voluntary gun registration, or voluntary "hose jobs", (thus the BOHICA reference).  Some will jump in, on their own, others will get sucked along, as the first bunch circle the bowl, on the way down, the thinkers will be subject to one of Bill Cliton's (no, that wasn't a typo) brain storms, Mandatory Volunteerism.

No, World wide, this is not as important as the news that Iran has enough nuclear material to make one bomb.  I'm not sure why that is a worry, since O'bomber swears that Iran is a tiny country, and not a threat to the United States, or Israel.  Especially since there total amount of nuclear material is half the amount found in Iraq, and secretly shipped to Canada.  And we've been told that wasn't enough to qualify as Weapons of mass destruction.

However, once everyone has agreed to, or been fined, threatened, and convinced to, register their "Agricultural" premises, it will also have to apply to "Puppy Mills" and to make sure they get the "Puppy Mills", all "dog breeding facilities" need to be registered, with them.  In Missouri, now (and probably many others) anyone who has more than two female dogs is legally defined as a dog breeder.  And, not having any male dogs on "the premises", not ever having bred any of the females on "the premises", or, believe it, or not; the sterilization of all dogs on "the premises" are not exclusions, or defenses against prosecution for "non-compliance".  Nationalizing this law, and adding "all such premises to a national data base is unlikely to be advantageous to once free citizens.

Once the law is in place, it will be a simple matter to expand the definition to include all dog owners, oops, sorry, canine custodial persons.  Doubt it?  Check Californica's laws on ear, tail and dew claw cropping.  And their push for mandatory spay and neuter.  Being intact is a requirement for all show dogs under AKC regulations.  So, there will be an Elite Class of canine custodial persons.  "Some are just more equal than others" (George Orwell) Until these "useful idiots" (Karl Marx) are no longer useful.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

I agree.   But..............
People need to know why their food is so expensive.

The main single reason, but through many different programs, is your F.F.G

The "G" stands Government.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 06:52:39 PM »

If what I think is going to happen (world wide) happens, money for crap like this will dry up....
Pretty_Bird

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2008, 07:35:29 PM »

Funny the government can't keep the illegals out of the country or find any of the persons on the most wanted lists but want to know where all the little innocent critters are hanging out at....
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2008, 09:31:04 PM »

If what I think is going to happen (world wide) happens, money for crap like this will dry up....

One would think that would be the case, but considering the autracity that just happened....I don't doubt what they'll try to pull next...........for our own good of course. 

We've already started digging fox holes and tunnels.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:42:35 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2008, 05:57:19 AM »

This is the worst idea in a long line of bad ideas that the USDA has come up with.

If it goes through everyone of your game birds will need a permenant ID, probably a tatoo or chip, even though they are game birds, if you are raising them domestically  they are included.

How'd you like to ID all of your birds? 

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2008, 06:18:09 AM »

I really don't see it happening with the gamebirds. I can see this for the small chicken and turkey farmer.

I asked the WVDA who inspects my birds every 90 days, and he doesn't see it happening either.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »