Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:05:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  went to farm......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: went to farm......  (Read 19673 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »

I'll just say this last thing birdlover, I  don't want to discourage you from farming, its a tougher life but if you love it you do.  I wish you the best at farming because the family farm is about dead and everything is moving towards the corporate farm, to me, not necessarily a good thing.

And, your parents will have a beautiful place when they're finished.  Do they want goats running around?

You know what about the goats, hey if i'm the one who will care for the goats they shouldn't have a problem with it.  Its like the birds i have in my yard, i'm caring for them and sometimes i do get a few more birds (no complaining).  As long as they have nothing to do with them, i dont see how it would be a problem.  I've waited a long time for this, not going to let anyone get in my way...... s176

Ohhh and Reeves, i definely wont keep pheasants under a deck in NC.  Going to take advantage of the space and build me a nice one (or two...three...etc  s020).

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2008, 01:51:16 PM »

I'll just say this last thing birdlover, I  don't want to discourage you from farming, its a tougher life but if you love it you do.  I wish you the best at farming because the family farm is about dead and everything is moving towards the corporate farm, to me, not necessarily a good thing.

And, your parents will have a beautiful place when they're finished.  Do they want goats running around?

You know what about the goats, hey if i'm the one who will care for the goats they shouldn't have a problem with it.  Its like the birds i have in my yard, i'm caring for them and sometimes i do get a few more birds (no complaining).  As long as they have nothing to do with them, i dont see how it would be a problem.  I've waited a long time for this, not going to let anyone get in my way...... s176

Ohhh and Reeves, i definely wont keep pheasants under a deck in NC.  Going to take advantage of the space and build me a nice one (or two...three...etc  s020).

birdlover,

Are you going to skirt the law in NC like you have done in NYS?

Yes this bothers me to no end, and no! I will never stop harping on you for illegal activities of harboring Wild Game Birds in The State of New York.

Smile j2 Mikey s6  Got any eggclairs (I know it is spelt wrong, it was intended to be) lined up?  How about an old secret recipe of Grannies: Apple Cinnamon Pie, or a Pumpkin Pie? the Holidays are just Aaaaaaaaround the corner.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2008, 02:26:42 PM »

No i'm not going to skirt the law in NC, i have plenty of room there for pens.  I dont blame you for harping me for keeping pheasants under a deck, hopefully i'll learn better in the future. Thanks for keeping me informed of all the wrongs i've done with raising birds, if i do become very successful with the gamebird/bird world one day in NC, i know who to thank. Thanks Steve and everyone else!!!!!! j2
Ohh yeah pies you name it!! i especially love the Pecan Pie and the pumpkin but theirs also sweet potato and key lime etc...  I'll make you one, would you like a piece?

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

glenn-bob

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2008, 03:20:20 PM »

As long as they have nothing to do with them, i dont see how it would be a problem.  I've waited a long time for this, not going to let anyone get in my way...... s176

wont keep pheasants under a deck in NC.  Going to take advantage of the space and build me a nice one (or two...three...etc  s020).
[/quote]

Ever smell a goat?   Have your parents?  All this with no regard for property rights.  Having a desire to have animals is one thing.  Having a PROPER environment, facilities, permits (which are necessary precisely because of people like you), shelter, food source (ever see plants in a goat pen?), containment system, knowledge (first hand, not on line), ability, and true willingness to care for then every stinking, individual, hot, cold sunny, rainy day BEFORE you eat breakfast, or check your e-mail, is a completely different situation.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 03:23:28 PM by glenn-bob » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2008, 03:20:55 PM »

No just send me the secret recipe.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2008, 02:00:38 PM »

As long as they have nothing to do with them, i dont see how it would be a problem.  I've waited a long time for this, not going to let anyone get in my way...... s176

wont keep pheasants under a deck in NC.  Going to take advantage of the space and build me a nice one (or two...three...etc  s020).

Ever smell a goat?   Have your parents?  All this with no regard for property rights.  Having a desire to have animals is one thing.  Having a PROPER environment, facilities, permits (which are necessary precisely because of people like you), shelter, food source (ever see plants in a goat pen?), containment system, knowledge (first hand, not on line), ability, and true willingness to care for then every stinking, individual, hot, cold sunny, rainy day BEFORE you eat breakfast, or check your e-mail, is a completely different situation.
[/quote]

Yes i have smelled a goat, i dont know i love the smell of a farm, wish i could bottle it...... j41  Yes i think i will have to get a license or permit for the goats, not a problem with me.  Theirs a nice piece of land at least 50 ft from the house, as long as i keep the animals away from the house everything should be ok.  Yes i've seen plants in a goat pen, but i would think like gamebirds they would clean them out in no time.  The property has at least 6,000 square feet (seems like more than enough room for me) maybe more if more trees are cleared.   

Steve, you got it  :wink:  i'll send you the recipe for my pecan pie, today i might bake an apple pie. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 02:11:59 PM by birdlover17 » Logged

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2008, 05:29:51 AM »

The property has at least 6,000 square feet (seems like more than enough room for me) maybe more if more trees are cleared.   

Steve, you got it  :wink:  i'll send you the recipe for my pecan pie, today i might bake an apple pie. 

birdlover,

That is only 60 x 100  i9 The house and property I had in Bayshore, Long Island was on 65 x 117  j47

I want the apple pie.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2008, 07:26:13 AM »

Birdlover if you arent willing to live with your goats then they're not for you. To be fair to them its only the Billys that smell really rank, but, they are a part of goat life.

You are way undersized there wherever it is for goats. A few bird pens is about it.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2008, 03:59:53 PM »

The property has at least 6,000 square feet (seems like more than enough room for me) maybe more if more trees are cleared.   

birdlover,

That is only 60 x 100  i9 The house and property I had in Bayshore, Long Island was on 65 x 117  j47

I want the apple pie.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

the property might be a little more than that, there's a forest near the property so  maybe if i can clear the trees, there could be more room.  I'm just not sure if where all those trees are if thats where the property line stops (i hope it doesn't).  Yes i'll give you the apple pie.

Jake Levi,
I am going to live with the goats, i wouldnt just say here you go take care of them for me , I might find them simmering in a pot the next day.  I might not have room for a herd, but there are breeds that are smaller than the regular ones.  The goats at the farm only had about 25 by 20 ft pen, and their were probalby 7 in there.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »

Still need lots of $$$$ regardless.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2008, 02:40:15 PM »

Still need lots of $$$$ regardless.

no problem, Me the pastry chef will take care of that problem.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

You can call it........"The Funny Farm".    ^-^   

'Cause you is funny!

a25

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2008, 04:57:13 PM »

funny but i will  do it.

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 06:07:52 AM »

That boy birdlover has chutzpah  s020

He will be the only one in that community with a petting zoo.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 06:29:01 AM »

Based on what we have read, he will be the most clueless there.

We havent heard a word on what he is going to do to buy beans. Just pie in the sky stuff.

Seeing is believing. It'll be interesting seeing how one makes a living raising nigerian  goats . 

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »