Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 15, 2024, 11:56:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Gas prices
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gas prices  (Read 176039 times)
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2009, 11:29:51 AM »

Fox news says oil is now just under $ 38 per barrel and still falling, oil tankers are backing up and cant unload because there is no place to store the oil because demand isnt keeping up with the supply.

local gas here still is 1.99.

The gouge goes on.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 11:31:55 AM by Jake Levi » Logged

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »

another increase today here. Now $1.84. Bunch of thievin fuel distributers here!

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
ode2god
« Reply #527 on: January 15, 2009, 11:46:29 PM »

i hardly went anywhere last week still almost full scared to look at prices...i heard someone else started another war?..sounds like a cheap excuse to me s176
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #528 on: January 17, 2009, 06:38:20 AM »

Any excuse is sufficient for gouging.

Oil is now under $34/barrel, gas here is still 1.99, I'm not driving anywhere I dont have to.

Oil tankers are stacking up not able to offload as there isnt storage space for the new crude.

But still they gouge us, present prices supposedly is because oil speculators are buying up cheap oil and holding it.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #529 on: January 17, 2009, 06:43:51 AM »

Any excuse is sufficient for gouging.

Oil is now under $34/barrel, gas here is still 1.99, I'm not driving anywhere I dont have to.

Oil tankers are stacking up not able to offload as there isnt storage space for the new crude.

But still they gouge us, present prices supposedly is because oil speculators are buying up cheap oil and holding it.

It is the same price here Jake, $1.99.9 Nothing being done on dropping the price. I think the lowest here was $1.59.9 and the crude was around $50 a barrel.

To cold to go out anyway.

Keep warm!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:46:39 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #530 on: January 19, 2009, 11:27:04 AM »

$1.75 and headed higher. Lets see if it will stop at $2.50 this time around.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #531 on: January 19, 2009, 04:54:39 PM »

Its still under $ 34/barrel, and pump prices here are 1.99, last week I was in Ohio and found some at 1.84, but most over 1.90.

This time its the speculators, and congress is obsessed with Obama and couldnt care less about what the little poor f### nothings are paying for gas.

We need about 50 of those speculators to be found in their car trunks. Where is Tony Soprano when you want him.

Color me PO'd.   s176

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

Thomas Jefferson
ode2god
« Reply #532 on: January 19, 2009, 09:30:04 PM »

im with you jake ,i hope im never that rich to not care about other people ..with low incomes, like grandmas ,stuggling small business owners etc... gas holding for now at 1.79
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #533 on: January 24, 2009, 07:26:48 AM »

Well, during the campaign Obama said we 'needed' higher gas prices, so I'm not expecting any help from there.

Its 1.99 here still, and oil the lowest its been in five years. 

The only working answer is speculators and gouging. And a congress that couldnt care less.

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

Thomas Jefferson
ode2god
« Reply #534 on: January 24, 2009, 01:44:30 PM »

im sure he'll need more than higher gas prices to fund his plans ...next topic ...higher ------- s20 still holding at 1.79 ...does anyone know why they say not to top off your tank?...i keep mine full..outta fear, i9
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #535 on: January 24, 2009, 05:41:27 PM »

does anyone know why they say not to top off your tank?...

It's to help prevent condensation inside the fuel tank.

Can YOU tell me why it is even MORE important to do this with vehicles using diesel ?

i9
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #536 on: January 25, 2009, 06:20:38 AM »

does anyone know why they say not to top off your tank?...

It's to help prevent condensation inside the fuel tank.

Can YOU tell me why it is even MORE important to do this with vehicles using diesel ?

i9

Actually, toping of a gas fuel tank in the older days was the best thing you can do in the winter months if the vehicle was going to be kept in storage.

Having a tank full, kept the condensation out of the tank due to the fact that there wasn’t any air space to cause corrosion within the tank.

Before the additives such as oxygenated gas, I would fill the twin 30gal galvanized tanks on my boat and add the additive, STA-BIL fuel stabilizer. Winterize the 318 Chrysler by fogging it out with Marvel Mystery Oil over the winter.

Topping of a gas tank now-a-days serves no purpose what-so-ever, unless you see that the gas prices are going to go up.

Besides the fact, that any gas fuels that are sold today, to the general public has a shelf life, and starts to separate after 6 months if not used or not in constant motion, or agitated. It will also show more signs of gumming as well.

I will let ode answer the question about vehicles using diesel.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #537 on: January 25, 2009, 08:43:36 AM »

Steve
My old 86 GMC is still has a carb. All the old gas from weed wackers etc goes into the tank.
Filled both tanks this past fall. Will not likely ever get filled again.
Gotta love those older vehicles !  :grin:
ode2god
« Reply #538 on: January 25, 2009, 09:20:55 PM »

uhhh diesel ? i9 isn't that one of my son's favorite cartoons? sorry guys i know I'm opening the door for ya ll to hurl endless insults at me but I'm clueless about diesel ..i can change tires ,alternator,filters,brakes and the oil, thats where my knowledge of cars ends s47
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] Go Up Print 
« previous next »