Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2020, 05:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42418 Posts in 6015 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Incubation time. how long exactly do button quail take?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Incubation time. how long exactly do button quail take?  (Read 3615 times)
okiechick57

« on: April 08, 2008, 02:58:01 PM »

s144 and with that said.... Hello to all here........I am incubating 13 button quail eggs.........drives me nuts that I cannot candle them, well, that I cannot see anything !  ??? they were put in on the 26th of March........when should I move them to hatcher? and  is there anything special I need to know or do when they do begin to hatch? I heard they need something over the top of them right away....they said it was like hatching popcorn  j44, I also have 4 of my standard size chicken eggs due the same day, can I put them in hatcher together?
So far temps and humidity are doing great, but I have had bad luck with chicken egg hatches lately.....sure want these to work ! Thank you for any info you might share with me on this !  i5

Blessed Assurance , Jesus is Mine, Oh What   Foretaste , of Glory Divine
greyghost
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 03:02:49 PM »

Hi Okie, your buttons should open at 16 days. I would not worry too much about them bouncing out of your brooder, they are tiny. And speaking of tiny I would keep your chickens separate, the buttons will be the size of a large bumble bee. Dave.
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 05:06:41 PM »

Yea around 16-17 days or longer depending on temp.

At this point, you can candle and get a good idea if they have developed atleast. With a strong light, you should still be able to see an air pocket on the fat side of egg.

Yea you won't have to worry about the buttons jumping until a few days. That's when they're like popcorn. You could prolly hatch the chicken and buttons in the hatcher together but may want to move the chicken chicks out as they hatch. They are far too big and would prolly smother the buttons if left in there together.
okiechick57

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 06:59:47 PM »

:laugh: thank you both..............1 more question.......on what day do I move off the turner? just like chickens?  thanks

aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 07:03:58 PM »

3 days before hatch date. So for buttons that hatch in 16-17 days, you would remove on day 14-15 days.

http://www.gbwf.org/quail/quail_chart.html
okiechick57

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 07:13:35 PM »

Thank you  aKira.........just like the chicken eggs I guess............. sure hope this works.......

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »