Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 04:03:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  and yet more FREE stuff !
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: and yet more FREE stuff !  (Read 10027 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: March 27, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »

t15

Over to the west of me is a truck camper that was just given to me  :grin:
No idea what it looks like yet. Pick it up on Saturday.

I had been looking for an old camper, for the heater, fridge etc. for another idea I have: a (sort) of tree stand. One a person can use all winter (  a44 ) and sit in comfort all day. There are two points of bush to the east of me. I'll push some of those free pipes into the ground. Use some of the free 6" chanel iron to tie it together and build a "shack" on that. I may even install the burner (stove) !

I also have all the windows already......and yes, they were free as well  :grin:
They are about 4' square.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »

j10

I just finished replacing the front half section of the roof on a truck camper on one that is only 3 years old.  What an undertaking........there wasn't anything there to work with even if it wasn't rotted out.  Those things weren't safe to get on the roof when they where new.  I got it taken care of though, looks as good as new. 

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 07:59:36 AM »

Roof repairs at 3 years ? Did it hit something, or just a leak ?
Should have bought one made in China  :angel:

Hooking up to the trailer this morning and going for a drive. Going to at least three pipeline companies looking for pipe.
Tomorrow the camper. Sunday, maybe clean bird houses.....then pack the ice fishing gear & try catching a few Pike and Burbot before the end of March !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 08:29:27 AM »

Roof repairs at 3 years ? Did it hit something, or just a leak ?

Brother bought it, he drove about 200 miles to get this "good deal" and then found the problem a week or 2 later.  It wasn't noticable to the eye. They build those things so the interior can withstand a fair amount of water without showing, then by the time it shows its face.......well then, it's too late.......the structural damage is already done.  He discovered it by getting on the roof to install one of those vent covers, he wasn't impressed when he about went through the roof on the front. It was bought at "TOM RAPER RV" in Richmond, Indiana.  They wouldn't do a thing about it, so therefore, he got raped by TOM RAPER RV in Richmond, Indiana.   ^-^  Most campers only have a one year warranty when bought new, mine had a 2 year, which is the reason I bought it. The roofs are usually warranted for 10 years, but the fine print states that it is only on the rubber membrane itself........not for the roof leaking along any seams or protrusions. They are built with glue, caulking, staples, and maybe a couple 3/4" boards here and there, just try to take one of these babies apart!....... s53     He learned his lesson........always get up on the roof of a camper before buying and don't buy anything from TOM RAPER RV in Richmond, Indiana, no matter what they promise.

The ones made in China are lead contaminated polyurethaned recycled cardboard, kinda like the bean can Toylet play trucks.

I'll trade ya a good set of plows for some pipe, you can take it with you when you drop off the pipe. I'll even unload and load everything.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 08:33:02 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 09:15:02 AM »

I'd have sent you pipe a long time ago.....but we both know the cost would be way too much ! And what would I do with a plow ? Pull it with one of my free trucks ? (by the way, that makes two free trucks I've gotten in the last 4ish years ) I'll have to start looking for a free Tractor.....that 6" pipe was heavy enough to make my back complain !

On the news a few minutes ago, gas prices just took another jump (about $1.14/Lt)
Funny (not really !) that a Province that doesn't import ANY petro products cannot sell gas/diesel to us for less than you can buy it in the U.S. for !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 09:47:15 AM »

On the news a few minutes ago, gas prices just took another jump (about $1.14/Lt)
Funny (not really !) that a Province that doesn't import ANY petro products cannot sell gas/diesel to us for less than you can buy it in the U.S. for !

It's a hidden tax, I declare!!   Need some $$.......raise the price of fuel, even for just a day or two would generate millions.  If we only knew the truth, probably not much different than Saddam Hussiens government. Government, oil companies.......all one of the same.  Anymore, if one is not working for the government in some fashion, they're probably not working or at least not making a decent wage, and if your not working directly for them........they regulate what you are doing and make up the rules for you to play by.    "Control over the Masses"    :grin:

.....that 6" pipe was heavy enough to make my back complain !

I bet!   Makes my back ache just looking at it!

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 12:04:52 PM »

Talk about free stuff. I got 30 pieces of weather treated 2x6`s and 2x8`s in lenghts of 6ft to  16ft the other day from a guy that builds sea walls and piers.  He told me any time that I drive by and see lumber piled in that area that I could have it...WOW  What a deal for a pen builder.. j44 j45 j41 i9 i6

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2008, 12:32:30 PM »

Talk about free stuff. I got 30 pieces of weather treated 2x6`s and 2x8`s in lenghts of 6ft to  16ft the other day from a guy that builds sea walls and piers.  He told me any time that I drive by and see lumber piled in that area that I could have it...WOW  What a deal for a pen builder.. j44 j45 j41 i9 i6

Send some up this way slider.

The only thing   s53  free around here is the debris blocking my culvert pipe.  s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »

Right place, right time ???

Had to go to town today. Saw an excavator (Cat 325C) parked at the closed Esso stn. So, made some calls to see what is going on (demo) and if I can salvage "stuff". Waiting for a call back.
Big plate glass windows, lots of other stuff !

Slider , Great find !

s98

Steve, you should be saving all that free washed wood and sell it for fire wood !
 :grin:
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2008, 02:34:13 PM »

I would if you were closer..

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »

Right place, wrong company to deal with.

No stuff. Esso's policy is to not slavage anything. It all has to be smashed up and hauled to the dump.

s2
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2008, 09:38:29 PM »

Right place, wrong company to deal with.

No stuff. Esso's policy is to not slavage anything. It all has to be smashed up and hauled to the dump.

s2
  go figure  ??? there are  businesses around hear that deal in salvage building supplies. leave it to an oil company not to want to bother with the small change or god forbid  FREE. if it doesn't mean at least a million and a trip to the Bahamas they don't want anything to do with it.   s80

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 05:11:19 AM »

Right place, right time ???

Had to go to town today. Saw an excavator (Cat 325C) parked at the closed Esso stn. So, made some calls to see what is going on (demo) and if I can salvage "stuff". Waiting for a call back.
Big plate glass windows, lots of other stuff !

Slider , Great find !

s98

Steve, you should be saving all that free washed wood and sell it for fire wood !
 :grin:

Most of it is the willows cut down along the creek beds and left there. If I knew who was doing it I'd have their   s53   in a sling since it is against the law. The logs I cut up and use as firewood. The tree trunks, I place in the culvert pipe for the next flood to wash down river.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 08:48:06 AM »

Well, too much snow to pick up the camper. Have to wait a couple weeks.

I think tomorrow morning I'll go to the Esso stn with my trailer in tow & wait for them to show up. Then beg for the windows....4 huge ones and one smaller. Also want some other stuff......maybe a "present" is in order.....?
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 09:01:31 AM »

Well, too much snow to pick up the camper. Have to wait a couple weeks.

If I were closer to where you live, I'd go get it for ya with my truck......no problem. I wouldn't want to get caught out in it though by the authorities......they'd want to mount a plow on it, and I don't really have time for another job.   ^-^

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »