Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:34:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  chukar creek hatchery
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: chukar creek hatchery  (Read 7767 times)
Britton Howe

« on: July 21, 2006, 09:54:37 PM »

has any body gotten any birds from them this year. I just got some chukars from them on the 20th and in 24hrs I've had 24 die. I tried calling them. but all I get is the answering machine. left messages no bodies called back. I ordered from them last year and the birds did great and they sent extras. this time no extras not to happy.
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 11:04:01 PM »

They are about an hour from me. I was thinking of ordering from them, but now I am not so sure. I think I will send them an email to hopefully get them to reply to you quickly.

mike
kcgamebirdfarm

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 02:46:09 AM »

hey,
   i wouldn't hold it against them with the death of your chukar. It has been a bad year for them - allot of wet weather has made rearing difficult at times - also allot of people are having problems with 3 week old birds dieing. I am not one of those. Also can I ask how many birds you had together? I am sure you are aware that they scare easily and when that does happen the pile up - i had a group of chicks i hatched out last year that had 800+ chicks and maybe lost 5 till maturity - i hatched out another batch about the same time this year and i couldn't keep them alive seemed like they would pile up as soon as i walked away.
but anyways you might try to give the rest of them some terramycin or neomycin
Kyle

~what good are birds without feathers?~
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 11:25:57 PM »

did you get any response from him yet? I sent the email last night.

mike
Britton Howe

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 06:52:43 PM »

nothing. haven't heard from them. these birds never piled up the dead were scattered through out brooder. they must had one heck of trip getting here. plus it's been so dang hot.
huntingken111

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 07:15:12 PM »

I also ordered a 100 chukar chicks from them about 8 weeks ago.  received them in the mail and had about 9 dead on arrival.  When I opened the box they were piled all in pile.  Over next 24 hours had about 29 more die.  I called them up and they filed a insurance claim for them with the post office.  I thought they had excellent customer assistance and have treated me right.  I have always left message and they returned in next 48 hours.  They didn't do so well with email but preferred to talk directly with them anyway.  This is my first year raising game birds but have hatched out chukar eggs and had the same problem with them piling up when scared.
Britton Howe

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 08:00:51 PM »

maybe I got the wrong phone number. I got it off their web site. does any body have a number. thanks
tailfeather34
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:54:05 PM »

HI
Well i was suppose to get my birds 2 weeks ago and they never showed up. I called and called and left messages with no return. Then their machine was "full". He finally called me back after i left him a nasty "fraud" message. He said they were sent but, hmm they were no where to be found. They resent them out and i got them on the 11th of July 2007. They sent 2 extra and only 3 were dead. But they dropped like flies after that...All n all i am not satisfied with them. On top of all that i had to drive 2 hrs one way to pick them up, even after explaing to him where i live and all that. Post office told me it wasn't marked right when shipping... Go figure....
I won't order here anyomre and will definitely pass the word along to all the local growers...
Thanks for letting me vent...
Bob
cancan

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 12:13:07 AM »

have had good luck with them....losing a few birds after being shipped thru USPS isnt uncommon but can hardly hold that against the hatchery. I tend to just let them know and not make a usps claim....all I/we need is USPS to stop shipping live birds altogether.

By the way i usually order 1000 at a time.

todays might oak is just yesterdays nut that held his ground.
TLsgamebirdfarm
Expert Member

Butlers, ten. reds, Tx A&M, jumbo brown coturnix

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 09:05:26 PM »

Hello, we ordered 800+  quail chicks last nov. and when we got them they were ALL dead when we got them it took 2 days to get here and they went way up north before coming down here. They sent me the insurance papers and we filed them and it took about 4+ weeks to get the refund but they did great trying to help us out as much as they could If we could've we'd have went and got some adults he was gonna sell us so we'd have breeders for this past year. No matter how many you get your gonna get your good with the bad orders and I hope I don't send out any chicks that goes thru that cuz it put a big hurt on you if your counting on them like we all do. I'd recommend them to anyone. Thanks, and GOD BLESS,Tommy
bobhunter

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 11:08:59 AM »

Anybody had any experience from them yet this year?
cancan

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2008, 11:19:16 AM »

yep ordered 2000 some chukar this year and Im satisfied...theres always some dead birds either on arrival or a day or two later but thats the nature of getting chicks shipped, your at the mercy of the weather and the people handling the chicks from Po to Po.....

my last batch which would have made 2500 were accidently swaped and I got quail by mistake, arrived alive and they are shipping me 500 chukar no charge this spring as my order was in Nov.

All in all Ive been happy with them. They are above pittsburg and Im in Maryland near the ocean.

todays might oak is just yesterdays nut that held his ground.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »