Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 08:31:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Buy and Sell
| | |-+  Birds for sale and wanted in Canada
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Birds for sale and wanted in Canada  (Read 7656 times)
frank_lap_127
« on: February 15, 2008, 12:18:39 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum, I have few birds species that I take order for Spring 2008. I still take order for those species (price are int order male/female/pair):

-Bobwhite Quails ($10 / $10 / $15)
-Coturnix Quails (only hatching eggs)

I'm also researching somebody who could sell me birds from those species :

-Valley Quails
-Gambel's Quails
-Scaled Quails
-Hungarian Partridges
-Barbary Partridges

If you are interested to make an order or you have birds to sell that I'm interested or any questions, please send me an e-mail : frank_lap_127@hotmail.com

You can also visit my new website, still under construction but .... : www.franklap127.webs.com
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 07:18:44 AM by frank_lap_127 » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »

Oh  s53 , Frank found us !

s020

Slow down lad, yer only 17 and have a long time to set up pens and get birds ! Plan ahead, way ahead, before getting more "species" !

Had a quick peak at your site. Looks like your Amherst "house" was a last thought thing, a hole in a snow pile with some wood over it !

Post some pictures of your pens sometime !

re: feeding. Don't believe everything you read on the net.......
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 04:23:26 PM »

Yah welcome Frank, I gave him the link, more info, less Brainiacs here, I can even understand what most the guys on here are saying. :cool:

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 05:18:50 PM »

Valid point !
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2008, 08:43:22 AM »

s016

« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 08:47:28 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
bobhunter

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 12:31:51 PM »

Frank, I am not familiar with what is required to do business with someone in Canada and in your specific province up there. What are the rules and regulations required for someone in the states to purchase these birds from you or to sell to you. Health, other permits, etc.?
frank_lap_127
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 03:04:17 PM »

Hi everyone,
First of all, thank you for the nice welcome on this forum!

Bobhunter,
Normally it seems to be quite easy to sell to the US from Canada, I can't do this year but maybe that on 2009 I will as for the moment I don't have a car to go easily to the border. I've readed on US website that the only health papers are required is when the birds are air-shipped but if you take them on Canada and bring them in US, the border police will just take a look at the birds but I'm not really familiar with exportation to US, but I will.

To receive birds in Canada is quite hard, the birds must come from a place with a government sanitation and have been checked 30 days before, they must be check at the border. Depending on the species, there are different regulations. What species do you raise? I'm interested to do a bird importation from the US in 2008 and to have other Canadian people interested would be great to do something like a ''birds importation group''. It would be easier for the seller and the buyers.

I'll take a look on the web on Canada government websites to find more information.

Thanks!

Frank
frank_lap_127
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »

Oops, forgot to add the prices, now they are there!
bobhunter

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008, 05:58:45 PM »

Frank,

I'm not sure that I understand... Did you say that no health papers are required by the states in the U.S. where the purchasers reside if the birds come from Canada by car?
PSUQuailer

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »

Frank,
      Try going to http://www.tragopan.com/Birds/ordering.aspx    They have all the species that you were looking for and are located in Manitoba.  They have really good birds by the looks of it. Try out the site and give them a call.

Ryan S.
frank_lap_127
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2008, 11:37:54 PM »

Hi everyone,

PSUQuailer : I already visited tragopan.com and I know Penners & Feathers, I already buy them Valley, Gambel's and Scaled and I'm always happy of the great birds (I give a 15/10  :laugh:). I'm also buying from them new birds on 2008, but I want to get other differents bloodlines to put diversity in my birds bloodlines, for the moment I have several but more is better than less :laugh:

Bobhunter : Of what I've readed on a US website that I don't remember the name, there are no health papers asked for the birds coming from Canada as long as they pass the border on the road, not in the air. I've readed that the only thing needed was that the border's police look at the birds if they where all in good health. To ship by air, some health papers are needed. I don't ship to the US for the moment as I don't personnally have a car (I'm 17 so...). On next year, if I have too much birds, maybe I'll sell some on the US border but right now Canada is enough, if in the future I need to get government health papers and a government inspection to ship birds on US, I'll do so as I'm not shy to show my birds to the inspectors.

Thanks!

Frank
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, 09:42:56 AM »

Of what I've readed on a US website that I don't remember the name, there are no health papers asked for the birds coming from Canada as long as they pass the border on the road, not in the air. I've readed that the only thing needed was that the border's police look at the birds if they where all in good health.

Howdy Frank,

I find that hard to believe in this day. You try to pull that one off and let us know how it goes. I see a big red flag where the "border police look at the birds to see if they are in good health".   First of all, they more than likely wouldn't know  c109 about birds and "appearance" doesn't reflect the diseases, etc. that a bird could be carrying.  I would think that there wouldn't be enough profit in gamebirds to even consider going through all the garbage it would take to sell in another country?  Unless one would stuff them full of drugs or the like?   :-o

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

Morning C.H.
As hard to believe as it is, if I can get eggs/chicks shipped to a town just south of the border, and i pick them up on the U.S. side, I can just drive them across. There is an import form and a # is issued to you, but it is from the pencil pushers on our side and you keep the # forever. The U.S. doesn't even look as you drive by, and the B.Gs. on our side just do a confirmation that you have what appears to be BIRDS. I know Rick (Dirt Willy) has brought carloads of Turkeys across that way, he mentioned that it is alot easier if you have a Game Warden on hand to ID the Birds.
 :-X

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, 10:22:19 AM »

Howdy!!

Just goes to prove once again.........just how real is this so-called Avian flu threat in reality?  I think it's BS for the most part.   :-|

But what about going in the opposite direction that "frank" is speaking of?

frank_lap_127
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 02:00:15 PM »

Hi,
Like I said, it's hard to believe but that's what I've read. I'm gonna try to find more info but I cannot guarantee anything. Of what I've readed in the Sanitary Inspection of Canada (I think it's can be compare to the FDA), it's really hard to import birds from the US (I don't know from other countries). I went to one of their office and I spoke with a guy during 45 minutes and we readed the rules. It's really hard : The installations must be visited 1 month before importation by a federal vet (on US side), there's a lot of info asked, etc. Probably because of the avian flu. That's why I want to import birds with other people, but for the moment it don't seems possible.

It would be nice to do an importation from the US as the bloodlines would be better, I don't know for the West of Canada but in Quebec province, there's no diversity in Gamebirds, it's hard to find Golden and Lady Amherst that are pure (I saw many times on classified adds hybrids amherst sold like pure amherst s176). It was really hard to find my first Bobwhite, I finally found an hatchery who sells birds to hunters.

Thanks

Frank
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »