Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:47:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  New Website is up, feedback please....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Website is up, feedback please....  (Read 17870 times)
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« on: February 10, 2008, 08:47:48 AM »

Hey guys and gals, I just got my new and improved site uploaded and functional. I'm looking ofr some constructive criticism, good or bad. Let me know if you see anything out of whack, or something that needs improvement. Link is in my signature.

Thanks!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 08:58:14 AM »

Clear and easy to navigate, good pictures.
Now before someone else jumps in, do you have to have NPIP or any other form of acreditation on there?

s98

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:19 AM »

No NPIP yet, as this is at an all new address. Pens are in the process of being built right now, as are the barns, and roll out cages will be moved once the barn is up. New address in MI means new NPIP cert, which will be done either late summer or early fall. All of our birds are from NPIP stock, and we are liscenced by the state.

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 12:30:35 PM »

Hi Chris

I tried to open it twice, the pics didnt load either time, is that where the prices are too?

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
rymanman

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 01:38:45 PM »

Hey there,
What format did you do youe website in? The reason Im asking I can see it with dsl service but not with dial up from the farm....Not sure why but just a heads up ,was wondering if anyone else with dial up can see it?
Of course it can just be my dial up connection as well! Thanks
Jake Levi
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 01:59:34 PM »

I have dial up, 3rd world quality     s80

Jake Levi
Curran, MI

"A government big enough to give you all that you want is big enough to take all that you have".
Thomas Jefferson
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 02:31:39 PM »

Hi Chris

I tried to open it twice, the pics didnt load either time, is that where the prices are too?

Hmmm.... kinda wierd for the dial up guys. I'll have to look into that one, might even switch over to a different hosting provider. MY ISP will host a small site for free, but is not the best for what I 'd like to be able to do. I'm testing the order page, and it's format isn't supported....

for prices, click the 'eggs' button, and then click the picture or the underlined name of the bird...

thanks for the feedback!

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Bird Brained
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 04:01:29 PM »

I got to the home page this morning, but no matter which button I picked that page was empty (blank).

I have dsl and the home page pics loaded a little slow, I think your picture sizes are too big, especially for dial up folks, which is why they aren't seeing them (it's taking too long for them to download).

Try compressing your pictures (under edit) and choose "web page" size.  You can get by with much less for a website.

Anyway, this is what I ran into when doing the bird dog club website I belong to.  It's easy to set it up for your viewing but you have to think about what everyone else out there has too and make it work for everyone.

Another thing I ran into was monitor size.  There are many 15" monitors still in use and if you make your page too wide, there will be people having to use the slide bar to pan back and forth, which is very disturbing for those people.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »

I got to the home page this morning, but no matter which button I picked that page was empty (blank).

I have dsl and the home page pics loaded a little slow,...............

spider
           Me too.   

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 09:08:46 PM »

Ok dial up guys. give it a go and tell me what ya see. I compressed all the pictures to web size, so hopefully the pics will load alright for yas.

Chris

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2008, 09:17:13 PM »

I'm on DSL at work and it seems to be working much better and alot faster than earlier today. Have dial-up at home and I will check that for you when I get home tomorrow.

s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2008, 10:48:47 AM »

c29

10:48 am
No good for me on dial-up.  Home page loads as good as any other........but......none of the other pages will load at all.  Nothing but blank pages other than the home page.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 11:03:19 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2008, 12:33:41 PM »

I am also on Dinosaur Dial up, but it works good for me, I can open all the pages and click on all the pictures, such as the Tenn. Reds and get the egg prices $4.00 for 12.
C.H. maybe it is the way your Spam blocker or anti virus is set up?

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2008, 12:45:36 PM »

C.H. maybe it is the way your Spam blocker or anti virus is set up?

Nope.  Have never had a problem with any website,  to date.  As far as I know, I don't have of that stuff running on my PC.  Had same problem at work with 2 different PC's on DSL as far as those pages being blank too.

Got me?    :-|

Thanks!!

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2008, 01:18:34 PM »

Only the home page loads for me. No other pages load.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »