Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:46:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Nebraska
| | | |-+  Well tweezy.......
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Well tweezy.......  (Read 46823 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 07:43:18 AM »

Mine too tweezy !!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2008, 07:53:27 AM »

Trying to look on the bright side.  Atleast it happened now and not in a few weeks when we are planning on having a house-full of company for Christmas! c181

That's a ++++ in its self. Look at all the heat that will be generated with a house full of company j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2008, 08:16:30 AM »

Steve you got an angle for everything  s020 . Man one year I used a kero  seen  heater all winter and I kept a headack all the time. Never again...maybe that is what is wrong with me... t14   c29 0009  j1

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 09:49:35 AM »

I used a kero  seen  heater all winter and I kept a headack all the time

s20

That's called CO poisoning.   

Read this and you'll know that's what you had, I've highlighted your symptoms:

What are the symptoms CO poisoning?

The health effects of breathing in CO depend on the concentration of CO in the air, the duration of exposure, and the health status of the exposed person. For most people, the first signs of exposure to low concentrations of CO include mild headache and breathlessness with moderate exercise. People with heart disease are more likely to be affected by CO, even at low concentrations. Continued exposure can lead to flu-like symptoms including more severe headaches, dizziness, tiredness, and nausea that may progress to confusion, irritability, and impaired judgment, memory and coordination. CO is called the “silent killer” because if the early signs are ignored, a person may lose consciousness and be unable to escape the danger. Under certain conditions, lethal concentrations of CO have occurred within 10 minutes in the confines of a closed garage with a car engine running inside.

^-^
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:05:07 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 10:04:14 AM »

Its also called stupid.................

ode2god
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »

yeah alot of people have house fires here in florida  in winter due to ..space heaters heat isnt a priority here as much so alot of homes dont have it...be careful tweezy... s20
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 10:36:54 AM »

Its also called stupid.................

LOL!  Yeah, but we, like many others, used to not think anything of it when I, and probably you, was growing up and for most of our adult lives.  

Ever get a headache or know someone who does get a headache on Thankgiving when cooking with gas?  That's alot of CO that stove puts out into the house from all those burners.

Ever notice water (fog/condensation/sweat) on the inside of windows?  This usually happens on Thanksgiving day too (although it can just be high humidity from cooking too). It's an indicator of possible elevated CO levels, especially if you are not cooking, and they normally do not sweat.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 10:49:43 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

slider
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »

Chow X Boxer, boy I would like to see a pic of that...

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 02:50:37 PM »

Steve you got an angle for everything  s020 . Man one year I used a kero  seen  heater all winter and I kept a headack all the time. Never again...maybe that is what is wrong with me... t14   c29 0009  j1

Been there and done that as well. As far as the angle goes, of course.   s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 02:57:33 PM »

tweezy,

Thanks for the kind words for my dog. I just hope she improves.. time will tell.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2008, 05:51:10 AM »

Well....been 3 days now and STILL waiting for a furnace part. s80  thought it was coming by UPS.  Must be coming by pony express!

Any body got a big brooder I can live in for a while?? s53

tweezy,

I would start to think about holding out on this months rent payment.

Keep warm!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2008, 11:57:24 PM »

Quote from: tweezy50
Well....been 3 days now and STILL waiting for a furnace part.

:-o    You better hope that's it's the problem.  :-|

I've probably got the part in my garage that you need.  I was a HVAC contractor for about 20 years with my father in the family business. Since he passed away a couple years ago, I inherited a bunch of furnace parts along with the pile that I had already accumulated. We had more parts on our service truck than the local suppliers had, they'd get parts out of our truck for other customers upon occasion.

Good Luck!

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 10:55:20 AM »

Maybe we'll get a new furnace out of the deal.  Atleast I know the eletric heaters can take care of the main floor and the basement so we're not turning blue yet. s2
Blue IS my favorite color, but not for skin!!! s20

think positive thoughts, think positive thoughts c29 c29 c29

tweezy,

Glad to hear that you are coping with the situation.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

ode2god
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »

j45  good luck tweezy  on the furnace our low today was 73 here in florida shame you couldnt come down here til its fixed  c53
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 05:46:53 AM »

Oh sure Ode, rub it in.  Thanks for the good luck wish.......Must have worked.  We got home from the dr. today and there was heat.  The repair man was here while we were gone.

I'm not a smurf anymore.  Back to being an i3  Well maybe not.  Just Warm!

Congrats on the heat tweezy!! Now you can do what ode does....

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »