Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:26:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Fly control
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fly control  (Read 2669 times)
labdad

« on: May 03, 2010, 09:36:20 PM »

I raise a few thousand gamebirds, my quail and chukar I keep up on wire and I'm having trouble with flies.I called a local pest control co. and had him give me a list of the chemicals that he uses,and I was wondering if anyone has ever used them or has a better idea. I know that hauling the manure would solve my problem but I cant until all the birds are gone. The chemicals are Demand,Onslaught,Suspend andTemprid, we would not use them all at once. Would they be safe for my birds or would the flies be the lesser of two evils?
harleytoo

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »

Hi! I have a horse, 4 dogs, lots of chickens tons of wildlife out the whazoo and I live in cow country. No flies !!! I started 3 years ago using Fly Predators, the tiny little bug that packs a BIG wallop. They are delivered once a month thru the mail from April thru august. You get a pack of 5,000 egg casings or larger order if you have a lot more animals, wait till they start to hatch and sprinkle them around where the manure is. They will spared out about 150 ft from where you put them, they are non toxic, totally safe. If your birds happen to eat some it is good protein. They kill the fly eggs before they hatch... smaller than an ant you never know they are there, the flies just decrease until they are gone... check out their website... Norma
backcountry
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 07:00:04 AM »

how about some more information on this  do you have a link for the website

thanks bc
harleytoo

Personal Text

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 09:53:09 AM »

bc,

heres the link, if I did it wrong just copy and paste, everything you need to know is on the web site..

http://spalding-labs.com/

If your birds are in pens I bet you could get away with the smallest order since they are not free ranging.

Good luck, Norma

P.S. Just got my May order in and am waiting for them to hatch so I can spread them around the place. I also use the smallest order and they have done VERY well for me...njb
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »