Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 07:56:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  Need help on open wound question
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help on open wound question  (Read 2567 times)
Bobwhite quail24
« on: March 02, 2007, 05:46:20 PM »

I checked in my pen today and one of my hen has to open wounds on the angle on the top of the foot. It appears that one foot has swollent or pussed up. I't isn't bleading but you can see where it is red (under the skin.). I am feeding them Dumor Chick Starter/Grower 20% protien. I am not sure of exact age but the guy that sold them to me told me that they would start breeding in this spring. They got all their feathers and havn't started crowing/whisling yet.I have seen now sign of canibalism or anything like that. How do I treat these wounds? I am already isalating her in her own cage.  I have anitbiotic pain relief first aid cream but didn't know if it was safe for the bird? Thanks for your time.

Bobwhite quail24
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 06:08:00 PM by Bobwhite quail24 » Logged
Bobwhite quail24
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:25:21 PM »

I went ahead and put a little of the anitbacterial cream onto the wounds. She got loose from me and flew up to the top of a curtain and then went under my bed. I am glad I took her inside to do this. That and she was highly agrresive after a little bit. She was trying to bite me.
;

Bobwhite quail24
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »