Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  Howdy gang! Just getting back in the game.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howdy gang! Just getting back in the game.  (Read 3634 times)
stewaw
Expert Member

« on: February 02, 2008, 12:02:58 PM »

Greetings everyone, it's been a long time since I visited.  I guess you could say I sort of dropped off the grid.  Went on a temporary deployment and didn't think it was fair to leave the wife and kids caring for my critters.  Planning on starting over this spring and getting some birds back in the cages as all of mine went to "freezer camp" LOL.

David 
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 01:39:04 PM »

Good to see you here again !

Any good stories ?
aKirA
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 03:43:31 PM »

heya stewaw, great to see you back.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 04:34:12 AM »

Welcome back
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:42:11 AM »

s016........back!!

I had wondered what happened to you, checked occasionally to see if you had been logged.

:cool:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
GameBirdSource

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 11:51:40 AM »

Stewaw, First I'd like to say Welcome home & Thank you for a job well done. Thank you for your service, for holding that line in the sand that keeps my family, my country and my flag free from harm.
I am here in mid-michigan with a few pheasants & bob whites. If you are in need of some birds or eggs, please let me know and they are yours. God Bless you & your family !

People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel.
bobhunter

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 09:14:45 PM »

We are grateful for your service to our country.
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:21:09 AM »

Thanks for the nice welcome guys.  I must clear up some possible confusion concerning my deployment though.  Some of you old timers may recall that I am a civilian employee of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.  We have MANY folks deployed in support of the rebuilding of Afganistan and Iraq.  This deployment of so many of my coworkers creates a "ripple effect" back home and everyone has to step up to the plate and fill in the additional workload here at home and providing those deployed individuals the technical/logisitical support they need.  I was deployed CONUS (Continental United States) to fill in for a coworker who had a mission essential role here in the States that had to be maintained in his absence.  While I proudly serve as a civilian in the U.S. Army and certainly feel my contributions are in support of the global war on terrorism, I was not deployed overseas in a combat support role. I feel it's important to make that distinction as to mistake my service to country as on par with that of the brave men and women serving our country does them a disservice.
Thanks again for the welcome.  It will be nice to get back in the gamebird business after two years absence.....My how egg prices have gone up LOL.

David
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »