Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:21:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  will my eggs be good?~UPDATE~
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: will my eggs be good?~UPDATE~  (Read 6642 times)
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 10:44:01 AM »

I just goy an email from the seller, he said he sent them priority. Maybe the morons at the post office put the package on the truck and it will be here this afternoon.

mike
JohnInDixon
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

I saw this in "Anger Management" with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler!  Just kick back and start singing "I feel Pretty..."  Really - I hope you're having a better day!
woodenegg
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2006, 03:08:29 PM »

The joys of shipping eggs!  If I have eggs ship priority, it takes 5 or 6 days to get to me.  My hatch rate after a week of abuse by the postal service runs 30 to 50%.  If I spring for the big bucks and have them shipped express, my hatch rate goes way up.  I had 160 corturnix eggs that gave me 82%.  I have Butler bobs in right now and when I candled, I had 95% fertility.  I don't know if it is the length of time, or if express goes through a different system and there is less shaking and bouncing.  Unfortunately, if there isn't anyone selling eggs in your area, you are forced to put them in the mail and be grateful for what you can get out of them.  Good luck.
sp2207
Expert Member

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2006, 05:15:06 PM »

hey mike let us know when you get them  and how they were sent to you. hopefully  you will get them by Tuesday  just remember to  :laugh:   you will get them
Scot
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2006, 06:00:17 PM »

didn't get them today, I am hoping for tomorrow. I bought some A&M eggs from another seller today and they were shipped today. I will let you all know when the first eggs get here.

mike
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2006, 06:15:42 PM »

I just bought a new little giant incubator today, I am working on getting it set. I will have the quail eggs in one and chicken and pheasant in the other.
I really like the solid state thermostat in the little giant.

mike
pamike
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2006, 12:32:17 PM »

I got the eggs today they were all in great shapr, none broken. The only quaestion I have is, do they have to be small end down during shipping? They were all small end up in the box.

mike
woodenegg
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 02:18:16 PM »

They should be small end down, but in shipping I suspect the get turned several directions.  Put them small end down and allow them to settle for a day then incubate them.  They will probably to alright.  Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »