Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:29:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Christmas Menu.....
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Christmas Menu.....  (Read 51611 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2008, 03:12:57 PM »

Christmas went good here.. Whats on your menu for the New Year's feast ?

[

hi cv,

Glad your christmas was good.  For the new years menu there are foods that are suppose to bring good luck or allow the new year to be prosper.  I'm thinking about doing roast pig (i wish i could get a whole pig but i have to work with pieces of pork like the thigh, leg, etc..)  also a dish with lentils, greens like collard greens or kale, cakes, maybe baked clams and fish, etcc    Also plenty of Champagne.

Since there are good luck foods, there are also bad luck foods that you shouldn't eat like dont make any poultry or lobster they dont represent anything good but bad for the new year.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
cv
Expert Member

« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2008, 08:01:36 PM »

Sounds Good !!

If you can, there are pig farmers that may sell a pig-let for a traditional feast. I'm not that superstitious but I can respect it.

Enjoy !

hi cv,

Glad your christmas was good.  For the new years menu there are foods that are suppose to bring good luck or allow the new year to be prosper.  I'm thinking about doing roast pig (i wish i could get a whole pig but i have to work with pieces of pork like the thigh, leg, etc..)  also a dish with lentils, greens like collard greens or kale, cakes, maybe baked clams and fish, etcc    Also plenty of Champagne.

Since there are good luck foods, there are also bad luck foods that you shouldn't eat like dont make any poultry or lobster they dont represent anything good but bad for the new year.

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »

Thanks cv  no, its ok i'll just do with cut pieces of pig like the hocks etc.. its fine

So what are you and you other guys, What are you cooking?

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
ode2god
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »

havent finished all the christmas left overs lol  but roast pig  does sound good c181
ode2god
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »

here are some christmas windows pics i promised
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:45:38 PM by ode2god » Logged
ode2god
« Reply #65 on: December 28, 2008, 10:40:55 PM »

sorry it will only allow one at a time
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 10:44:31 PM by ode2god » Logged
ode2god
« Reply #66 on: December 28, 2008, 10:43:11 PM »

last one
Suz658
« Reply #67 on: December 28, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »

New years meals are usually pretty simple affairs in Scotland.  

On Hogmanay (New years Eve) our main meal will be Stovies a traditional Scottish dish made with left over roast beef & sliced tatties, served with oatcakes & baby beetroot and loads of booze, then we're off to a party for the bells.

On New Years Day I'll likely be feeling like death heated up so I'll be keeping the cooking really easy, we'll be having broth made the day before followed by Roast silverside, Yorkshire puddings & trimmings and probably strawberry & kiwi pavlova for dessert.
ode2god
« Reply #68 on: December 28, 2008, 10:47:27 PM »

not much for beets but the  rest sounds great p33
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2008, 04:58:19 AM »

Well I am breaking ranks, I have had a bad luck streak so far this last 4 months, I am doing Breaded Chicken Cutlets, and Stuffed Rolled Chicken Cutlets wrapped in Peppered Bacon.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2008, 05:01:50 AM »

ode,

Nice paintings.. do you do wildlife sketches, paintings on old roof slate, or on old barnboards?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »

For New Years we'll be having a deer roast from one of the 3 deers my son has gotten so far this year.

Everyone brings dished to go with it, so should be interesting !
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2008, 10:01:16 AM »

We will be having a deer roat from one of the 3 deers my son has gotten so far this year!

Everyone will bring dishes to go with it so should be interesting !
tweezy50
Expert Member

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02:29 AM »

ooops!  I guess you REALLY know what we're having now !
ode2god
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2008, 11:04:32 AM »

ode,

Nice paintings.. do you do wildlife sketches, paintings on old roof slate, or on old barnboards?

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
thanks steve ive done all of the above and i mainly do  canvases 3by 5 and up ...i also reproduce some masters  turner is my favorite ...lol when i have time one master took me 6 wks my former pastor has it hanging in his office... im currently working on a pioneer scene ..wall mural in my living rm and a rainforest/waterfall scene in my bath ...on my good days ive been working on it off and on for 3 yrs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »