Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:02:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  McMurray's hatchery on dirty jobs
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: McMurray's hatchery on dirty jobs  (Read 7530 times)
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« on: October 17, 2007, 02:44:14 PM »

Did anyone happen to see McMurray hatchery on Dirty Jobs last night?  Kind of interesting how they sex the poultry chicks.  Squeezing them first.  Funny, the bucket of poo.   :laugh:

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 05:31:59 AM »

I missed it, I fell asleep around 7pm. I guess I have to catch it on the repeats.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:17:22 AM »

Nope.  But I believe that I saw that before, somewhere, somehow.  :???:  Or maybe it was a different show?  Hmmmm?  I'm confused. My friend "Bud" keeps messin' with me!

:grin:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 10:59:38 AM »

Nope.  But I believe that I saw that before, somewhere, somehow.  :???:  Or maybe it was a different show?  Hmmmm?  I'm confused. My friend "Bud" keeps messin' with me!

:grin:

None the Wiser, I am sure! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
bobhunter

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:05:50 AM »

Does McMurray produce any of their own eggs or chicks and what can you expect from them?
stewaw
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 05:39:46 AM »

Bobhunter,
  I bought a dozen turkey eggs from them about four years back.  Shipped 14 and I had 12 make it out of the egg......One infertile and one blood ring.  Lost a couple right off when "something" knocked the brooder off the shelf and they got wet.  Wound up with six that made the transition from egg to roasting pan.
  Don't know if they contract for suppliers or have their own flocks so I can't help you there.
buffett-phan

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 06:03:39 PM »

That is one of my fave Dirty Jobs.  I bet the camera man was happy when Mike squeezed the chick poop on the camera lens.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »