Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 01:06:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Just when you least expect it, EXPECT IT!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just when you least expect it, EXPECT IT!  (Read 8906 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: February 03, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »

It just seems like you can't leave anything out. Not even in the barn.

I had 12 deer here on Jan 31st, late afternoon, with a mix of does and last years youngsters. I usually keep a bucket of feed on a hook for the released birds. Not anymore.. What a bunch of free loaders.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 10:28:59 AM »

I never though that a wild WhiteTailed Deer would venture into my barn.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 10:34:25 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 11:20:15 AM »

Nice deer trap for next fall  :grin:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »

Doesn't matter what I put in my pole barn, a Mule Deer Buck will live in it every summer !

Another cool picture Steve !
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 12:37:08 PM »

Doesn't matter what I put in my pole barn, a Mule Deer Buck will live in it every summer !

Another cool picture Steve !

I was suprise when my wife had said that the deer went into the barn. This is the same doe that hangs with the pheasant. Her young was in the barn as well trying to get into the bucket but couldn't reach it.

Check this picture of a female Cardinal at the feeder. I took this picture through the kitchen window on a tripod.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 12:57:33 PM »

To think you started the high cost of feed topic !  s020
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 01:02:59 PM »

The cardinal is trained to look pretty for the camera but not eat.
The deer I think are being trained to get closer to the meat pole in the barn.  :grin:

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

To think you started the high cost of feed topic !  s020

j45 I am beginning to think that all the wildlife had voted for obama as well. They're are all looking for handouts. s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2009, 01:12:27 PM »

The cardinal is trained to look pretty for the camera but not eat.
The deer I think are being trained to get closer to the meat pole in the barn.  :grin:

Pete,

I am suprise the picture of the Cardinal came out as clear as it did considering the glare from the window, and it is also one of those high energy gas filled windows as well.

Meat pole  s020 She is a regular around here. My farm is a bucks dream come true during the breeding season with all the does that stay here during the year and during hunting season as well. The deer around here are treated good with all the food plots that I have established.

The 8-pt that I got this past season should be ready by August of this year to hang on the wall. j2

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

I just looked out the kitchen window, and that same doe is in the barn looking for the white bucket  s020 Her young is next to her as well.

I had mixed a batch of pheasant food with peanut butter, apple sauce, and molasses, and let it sit over night to freeze. When I took it out and set it by the barn the other day, the deer went totally ballistic over it. That was the same day I had 12 deer out there.

I have more deer crap in my yard then the neighbor has in cow patties with his 13 cows in his pasture.  s020 You have to watch where you walk around here.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »

I had mixed a batch of pheasant food with peanut butter, apple sauce, and molasses, and let it sit over night to freeze. When I took it out and set it by the barn the other day, the deer went totally ballistic over it. That was the same day I had 12 deer out there.

Was this for the deer or the released pheasant?

Abraham Lincoln
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »

Well think about it this way...at least you do not have to use any amo next year.... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 02:26:56 PM »

Was this for the deer or the released pheasant?

Pete,
That was for the deer. It was hard as a rock. The pheasants ate what was left of it. s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2009, 02:29:21 PM »

Well think about it this way...at least you do not have to use any amo next year.... s020

s020 slider, that's what we call up in NY,  hammer hunting in the county parks.. A nice ball peen hammer right between the eyes.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2009, 02:34:38 PM »

a29

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »