Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  My Summer Garden
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Summer Garden  (Read 9367 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2008, 05:52:57 AM »

birdlover,

The Koi in the pond was there when we moved here 8 years ago. I figure the Koi has to be at least 12 years old. They are about 18-24 inches.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 01:49:55 PM »

Looks like you have a green thumb birdlover17... s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 12:44:43 AM »

I've got Koi as well in my ponds. What's the skinny on Maine and koi

Maine has a serious personal problem with koi. I wish I had saved the article from the newspaper. but some oriental resteraunt had koi in  tank like many others but here in Maine they are illegal and after being in this fish tank at this resteraunt for many years someone who knew about this law saw them and reported it to the state. the owner was promptly swamped by state officials and the fish were actually taken to a pet shop in NH for safe keeping and thats the last I heard of that case. the states position is if they were released into a local river or stream they would cause problems.

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 12:59:31 AM »

I've got Koi as well in my ponds. What's the skinny on Maine and koi

Maine has a serious personal problem with koi. I wish I had saved the article from the newspaper. but some oriental resteraunt had koi in  tank like many others but here in Maine they are illegal and after being in this fish tank at this resteraunt for many years someone who knew about this law saw them and reported it to the state. the owner was promptly swamped by state officials and the fish were actually taken to a pet shop in NH for safe keeping and thats the last I heard of that case. the states position is if they were released into a local river or stream they would cause problems.

So is it a total outright ban on the possession of Koi in the State of Main?

That new paper article would have been nice to see. The  s53 who turned in the oriental resteraunt owner should have been taken outside and  c110.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »

So would an elephant but I bet that they have them in Maine... s020

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
bobhunter

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2008, 09:30:32 PM »

Birdlover, I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't you mention in one of your posts that you had ringnecks or some other birds under a deck where where light is limited. Your pictures show you have some a sizable area for your garden. Have you considered using some of that space to build some pens to give your birds more space and light?
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »

Birdlover, I may not be remembering correctly, but didn't you mention in one of your posts that you had ringnecks or some other birds under a deck where where light is limited. Your pictures show you have some a sizable area for your garden. Have you considered using some of that space to build some pens to give your birds more space and light?

Bobhunter,
yes you remembered perfectly, i do have ringnecks under my deck (1 male and 1 female)  I have thought about that if i could build a pen where i have room in my garden, but i would decrease the amount of space in my  garden, or a good idea maybe would be to make a temporary pen where my garden is, then in the spring when i plant the garden i could move the pheasants to the deck pen, like having two pens year long.  I need to think of something, i could also just add on more space to the deck pen. Maybe i  can post a picture of my entire backyard and see what i could do.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
bobhunter

« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 10:03:13 PM »

That would be good if you could use at least a portion of the garden so your birds have more room and light. You might get some good ideas by posting more pictures like you mentioned.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 02:31:23 PM »

Hey,
here are some more pics, i'll try to post more later regarding the pheasant pen being bigger/ incorporated into the garden space Enjoy!!

Pic # 1 is an apple ripening on my dwarf crab apple tree
Pic # 2 is a cherry on my Bush cherry tree, i ate the rest......s020 left one to show you guys.

Pic #3 are two rows of tomatoes staked with bamboo, which gives it a nice look.

Pic #4 is a front view of my garden.

and last but not least Pic # 5 is a beautiful sunflower that just bloomed.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »