Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:06:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  Thermometer/Hygrometer recommendations (rookie needs help)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thermometer/Hygrometer recommendations (rookie needs help)  (Read 2938 times)
damon22
« on: April 23, 2005, 06:36:13 PM »

Hello everyone, I am new to the board and need some opinions. I am about to start raising some quail as a hobby and maybe for other reasons later. I am going to start with a novabator with an elec thermostat. I have done my homework and tried to educate myself as much as possible about equipment,diet and most all aspects of hatching and raising. the one issue that seems to be most important is humidity and temp control. I would like any recommendations as far as thermometers and hygrometers (brands, models) any info would be appreciated. I just want to give my eggs the best chance to hatch and i think paying a little extra for these two items would be worth it. Thanks in advance for any replies.
kcmohounds
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 02:46:25 AM »

I raise parrots also and I bought a thermometer/hygrometer all in one and you can add up to 3 remote senors, so I have like one in each incubator and one in my brooder. And then I can look at the main unit and switch from sensor to sensor and dont have to open the lids or even go in where they are. I got mine at radio shack the main unit is 39.99 and each extra sensor is 19.99. But they are well worth the money. Your farm supply places probably have something too. This perticular one fit my needs perfectly. And I use if for my quail also.

Good luck on your raising expierence.

Oh this one also has an alarm so if the temp gets to hot or to cold it goes off.

Christie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »