Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:44:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Knock Knock
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Knock Knock  (Read 89133 times)
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »

If I was ever going to buy a car it would be a 1970 Chevy 2 dr. SS with a 396...My dream car...been looking at them on ebay..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 09:27:35 AM »

Now is the time to pull the trigger slider !
Car prices in the States has tanked.
Plus, you are not getting any younger  :grin:
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »

And you are right on both counts my friend !!!!!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »

It cost me $750.00 in gas for those days to run a 17.5K gen for the house and a 5k for the I.H.O.P.  I sure won't complain about my utility be and more.  s020

Steve

I hear ya!   s47  Out for 10 days here and no water for first 4 days.  I had around $400 to run my 5k to keep freezer and frig going.  The entire city was out and closest place to get gas for first couple days was down toward you in Coolville at the "Coolspot". Heard that cars were lined down highway for quite a ways and it was several hour wait. Ten days with no electric and then I was gone for 7 days after that (17 days total), I had shut everything off but freezer, frig, and A/C was turned up to 80+ degrees................got electric bill the other day for that time period and it was $40 higher than any bills previous to it!!!!!!!    s53  !!!   I don't know what those sob's did.............but they will be getting a call!

Luckily I have a finished basement and it stayed around 70-72* down there.  If such a thing happens again, I have a smaller spare chest freezer that I will be loading with the frozen food and hauling to somewhere that has electric and not dealing with the huge generator fuel bill and the constant sound of generators everywhere that was about to put me a mental institution. I couldn't even go to work and get away from it, as the generator was running there too. I heard generators in my mind for several days after power came back on..............   :-|
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:45:47 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 05:51:33 AM »

Hey Steve ! Still a light sleeper I see !

Well, with the first hard frost behind me , it reminded me that it is the time of year when fuel prices will jump for no good reason.
However, I do not pay for fuel......so no harm , no fowl  :grin:
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 03:23:16 PM »

Hey Steve ! Still a light sleeper I see !

Well, with the first hard frost behind me , it reminded me that it is the time of year when fuel prices will jump for no good reason.
However, I do not pay for fuel......so no harm , no fowl  :grin:

Hey Reeves!

Yup! I still make the rounds. I get up around 3am every morning. Heavy rains here today and between lastnight and so far today we have had over 2.5"

No frost here ya but that hasn't stopped the gas prices, LP, NG and other fuels to skyrocket either.

I bought a 2012 F-150 ecoboost. Love the truck, gas mileage only 16.2MPG and I have just a little over 800miles.

37gal tank and when it is 1/2 full/empty still a nut and a half in cash.

Take care my friend stay healthy!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 05:52:19 AM »

Wish I could stay healthy ! Back getting worse. Don't sleep much.
Up extra early......Sue & one of the cats making a racket chasing a Mouse on the kitchen counter !  s020

Spent yesterday under my car. Trying to get the trans & shifter sorted out. Need to get this done so I can take the car to the guy that is going to build the headers.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2012, 07:13:27 AM »

Wish I could stay healthy ! Back getting worse. Don't sleep much.
Up extra early......Sue & one of the cats making a racket chasing a Mouse on the kitchen counter !  s020

Spent yesterday under my car. Trying to get the trans & shifter sorted out. Need to get this done so I can take the car to the guy that is going to build the headers.

Reeves,

Sorry to hear about the advancing back problem. What type of tranny and shifter do you have and what's the problem there?

What is the floor surface, can that be a contributing factor in the back?

Sue & one of the cats making a racket chasing a Mouse on the kitchen counter!
Hahahaha that should be on Youtube!

Steve

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »

Trans is : B-W AS1 T10S
Only one shifter (Hurst) made for it. The (chrome) handle doesn't bolt on like all the others. It goes down into the main shift mech.

Main problem is I had to raise the engine 1 3/8" for the new Milodon oil pan. Means the trans has to go up as well. As you know, the more up , the more narrow.
I have to trim some of the trans bracket so the shifter rods clear. Make a bracket to lower the rubber mount.

I also had to find an extended pilot bearing. The input shaft is about 1/2" short.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have sold it all & picked up a top loader. May do that yet.
The trans & shifter is for a Shelby. Should get good coin for it.......
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 05:21:35 AM »

Trans is : B-W AS1 T10S
Only one shifter (Hurst) made for it. The (chrome) handle doesn't bolt on like all the others. It goes down into the main shift mech.

Main problem is I had to raise the engine 1 3/8" for the new Milodon oil pan. Means the trans has to go up as well. As you know, the more up , the more narrow.
I have to trim some of the trans bracket so the shifter rods clear. Make a bracket to lower the rubber mount.

I also had to find an extended pilot bearing. The input shaft is about 1/2" short.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have sold it all & picked up a top loader. May do that yet.
The trans & shifter is for a Shelby. Should get good coin for it.......

Okay now I get the picture. It sucks when you do conversions. A lot of unforseen challenges, and parts are not as cheap as they were 50years ago.

I did a 1976 2dr Chevy Vega station wagon from a 4cyl/4speed to SB Chev V-8 4speed. What a pain in the arse that was. Talk about a tight fit dh1

Headers where special order Hookers. Dual, 3 inch exhaust with glass packs. Leaving rubber in all 4 gears was no problem at all.

Ah but the good old days, long and forgotten.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 05:26:34 AM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2012, 07:38:48 AM »

Wife took a few (phone) pictures of the Peacocks. I keep forgetting to ask where in the computer she put them ! Duh !
I'll try & remember.....

Rear diff went in my truck. Only 163k on it !
Called all over town trying to find a place that would put the new one (junk yard) in. No luck. All busy to end of month......so doing it myself. No big deal.......except my lower back.
Not done yet & can barely walk !  s47
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:51 AM »

Wife took a few (phone) pictures of the Peacocks. I keep forgetting to ask where in the computer she put them ! Duh !
I'll try & remember.....

Rear diff went in my truck. Only 163k on it !
Called all over town trying to find a place that would put the new one (junk yard) in. No luck. All busy to end of month......so doing it myself. No big deal.......except my lower back.
Not done yet & can barely walk !  s47

Been there and done that  s176 It sure sucks getting old.

Take it slow Reeves

Steve

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2012, 09:27:06 PM »

No choice but take it slow !
Week end involved ! Nothing open.
Had to order new U-bolts (not supposed to use old ones due to torque to yield)
Then due to having to change out the backing plates, I had to pull the axles & hubs.
So new hub seals.
One of the junk yard hubs had bad bearings, so used a good one from my diff.

Got it all together & took it for a 4km drive. Crawled under the truck & put my hand on all parts......pinion was warm. Not sure if that is a problem......yet.

PS: new heater going into the shop tomorrow ! No more working in the shop at -40c !  :grin:
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:28:49 PM by Reeves » Logged
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »

What kind of gear oil in the rear are ya using? What is the ambient temp when you were running the truck and at what speeds?

Steve

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »

Gear oil is (what Ford calls for in this diff) 75w 140 with friction modifier.

I jacked up one side of the diff to load the wheel bearings, then the other way to do same for other side.
Took 4lts + the tube of modifier to fill.

Outside temp about 0c or a couple degrees lower.

Top speed ......maybe 80 km/h ? Only went 4 km on gravel road.

Heat in shop ! Was out trying to empty the shop fridge & tinkering in heat till about 9 PM !  :grin:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »