Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:46:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  How To Make A Sandwich
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How To Make A Sandwich  (Read 6702 times)
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

Kick 'Em Up - Knock 'Em Down

« on: April 12, 2013, 08:06:47 AM »

With the long winter, had some time to fool around a little.  Daughter loves to be in the kitchen and help so we tried some new things.  For a sandwich, first you need bread.

Crusty Bread
Mix together 3 cups flour, 1.5tsp salt, 1/2 tsp yeast, and 1.5 cups warm water, cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 12-18 hrs
You can add other ingredients if you like.  ie. spices, cheese
Put dutch oven in oven and preheat to 450.  While preheating, dump dough onto a surface with some flour and form into a ball, do not knead.
After preheat, plop dough in dutch oven and place cover on, bake for 1/2 hr, take cover off and bake for another 15 minutes.
Bread is done (although this bread is not very good with sandwiches, more for the story, is great for bruscetta or with soup)

Make the cheese
Need 1 gallon whole milk, 1.25 tsp Citric Acid, and 1/2 Junket (rennet) Tablet
Follow recipe below, very easy
http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/cheese.htm
Add spices as desired

Smoke the Cheese
Had to take it another step, got a broken Digital Bradley Smoker from a buddy and it didn't take too long to fix it.  Works great and especially good for cold smoking.

Smoke the Meat
9.5lb Pork Butt - Didn't crutch this one and it took 16 hrs in the MasterCraft smoker.  Great bark delicious.  Learned quite a bit this winter about smoking (have smoked something about every weekend) and do not think I'll ever crutch another piece of meat.

Hope you enjoyed! 

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »

The toys

Chukar and Pheasant Propogation - Trust my advice based on the knowledge that I have not been doing this very long and don't know a lot more than I do know...  But at least I know that I don't know
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 05:56:09 PM »

No wonder you were hungry !
Took a week to make a sammich !

s020
Little Bear Game Farm
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 11:31:32 AM »

Well, worth the wait though!

Smoked a beef chuck roast this weekend.  I have never been a huge fan of that cut but it was amazing.  Injected with a homemade bbq sauce and it just melted.

slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »

Sounds good...I smoke lots of meat and cheese and make my own Bacon..

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
thekid

Personal Text

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 10:03:47 AM »

Now im hungry hahahaha

I like to hunt, fish, and raise quail
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:39:33 PM »

Sounds good...I smoke lots of meat and cheese and make my own Bacon..

I'd like to have some of that!   :)    a25 I have been wanting to either build or buy a smoker for various foods. Home raised meat is much better than any store bought processed foods. Just had our first hog butchered a few weeks ago that my sister had raised. The fella seasoned and smoked the bacon for me. That is some good stuff!  I rendered and canned the lard for everyday cooking. I also get all the beef fat that I can from various sources that I can lay my hands on to render into tallow for soap and cooking also. 

Have never smoked any cheese, but I do wax cheese and store it in the pantry shelf. It keeps for quite a while, but ages and gets "sharper" with time. We keep fresh eggs coated with mineral oil on open shelves for up to about 9 months also.  My wife and I are food canning/preserving/growing/raising fools!    f1   
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:04:35 AM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »