Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:16:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Hunting Gamebirds
| |-+  Shooting Preserve Management
| | |-+  QUAIL HABITAT
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: QUAIL HABITAT  (Read 14502 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 04:01:55 PM »

Hi,
i live in Queens, NY   

See, now if you had filled out the profile, there wouldn't be any problems..

I know Queens quite well, along with the Bronx and Brooklyn. Manhattan is a different story.

I lived in Bay shore from 1972 to 2000. Born and raised in Lindenhurst and Islip. Hunted the old DEC Navy and Rocky Point Co-ops from 1973 - 2000. I also hunted the DEC controlled Hither Hill, Montauck, and Sarnoff preserve, along with the Dec controlled North Shore areas.

I can see your space on raising the birds would be very limited. How much space do you have in Queens? Just watch your back with the neighbors.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 04:08:21 PM »

hi,
well, space is an issue, my backyard is about 20ft by 10ft, including the cages, garden, and a pond. Yep, i'm lucky nobody complained yet especially the male pheasant, making their calls.   I should be happy what i have, but i would be the happiest person in the world if i had an acre or more. 
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 04:08:51 PM »

Check out what the DEC has to offer, if you haven't been there already. Just type in the search area what you are looking for.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/index.html

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2007, 07:26:57 PM »

Poeple wanting Ragweed? I hate it and it takes over everything here. I have some plants over 14 feet tall right now and so thick its like a wall you cant even see thru or walk thru. Anyone wanna come and get some for transplanting come ahead lol.
dusty
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »