Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:50:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  How often to change out coturnix breeders?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How often to change out coturnix breeders?  (Read 3353 times)
Scorpion
« on: May 11, 2004, 02:40:40 PM »

I had a goal of two years. These will be A&M and range giant. There will not be light and rest cycles, only one laying cycle per year.
 Thanks
scc
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 09:29:26 PM »

I start with new breeders every year with my A&M's, the bobwhites every other year.
Scorpion
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 10:17:03 PM »

Thanks scc, are these things kind of like broiler chickens that reach tremendous weight quickly but have a short life span? The reason I ask is most of my broilers are sent to market, I reserve breeders to reach maturity, but only keep them long enough to make sure I have an adequate hatch for the next cycle.
power
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 10:22:09 AM »

delet
Scorpion
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 11:25:16 AM »

power I got a little lost there, apretiate the depth, I wanted to know about coturnix though.   I still think that you are cluttering up posts. You could have went to general discussion and posted this.It's not neccisary to respond to every post written on the board.  At any rate good day thanks for helping we beginners.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »