Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:18:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  incubator problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: incubator problem  (Read 4998 times)
theodoulos

Personal Text

« on: May 23, 2009, 04:18:24 PM »

i recently bought this incubator''220V INCUBATOR THERMAL W/ Turner Fertile Eggs & Reptile''...

the 17 January 2009 to be more specific I've arrange the temperature at 99 Fahrenheit and i filled up the 2 tray that the instruction said to fill with water this is the 3 time i will use it.the previous 2 was disaster from the 120 quails egg that the tray hold on only 2 came out the first time and the second none came out.I've broken the eggs after 4 days past from the day they would hatch and there were bird's inside but dead,also there were worms coming out of the egg and some had black liquid inside them.can you please tell me what is happening????..is there a problem with the incubator???...
please reply me i am desperate.i don't know what to do...

note that there is no fan inside the incubator.is this the problem

the link to see it is: 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170294739491&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:US:1123

ty2 in advance....
sdaddy68

Personal Text

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 07:07:54 PM »

I am not an expert by any means but it sounds like your eggs are the problem. With out some more info(humidity, are you turning the eggs) that is what I would say was the problem.  Candleing your eggs throughout the incubation period will help you illiminate the bad eggs before hatching.  Check your eggs @ 8-10 days at that point you can start throwing bad eggs away.  The fan not being in the incubator can be a bad proble if your temperature measurement is incorrect.  check your thermometers.
theodoulos

Personal Text

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 09:39:55 AM »

thank you for replying me sdaddy.the temperature is in 99 Fahrenheit and the eggs turns automatically.i'm thinking that the problem is that the incubator doesn't have fan..is that the problem??
Sialia

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:08:09 AM »

If you don't have a fan the temperature should be higher. I always set my still air incubator at 101F.  And this temperature shoud be measured at the top of the eggs.
DarrenS

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 03:14:35 PM »

In the past I have ordered incubators directly from GQF. You probably already know it, but regardless of where you get your machine, I think you can download manuals for any of the machines they make. Go to the GQF website and they give you download options. If you have trouble finding your model on their list, e-mail them to find out which download applies to this incubator model. I think for your model, theo, it recommends a temp of 100ยบ F at top of egg level, but I am not sure of this. It's always important to stick to the manufacturer recommendation cause the designs among incubators may differ and there can be slightly different recommendations for best results. I see the also mention at their website that location of incubator can have an effect as well. As others have mentioned, the thermometers that come with incubators are sometimes not accurate so you should check yours against one for medical use or other callibrated instrument.
theodoulos

Personal Text

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 03:56:59 PM »

thank you very much sialia and darren for replying me.the notes that came with the incubator wrote that i set it to 99 Fahrenheit..i did it and fill the tray with water,i also 2 days before hatch spray them to soft the eggs..today is the 4 day that past and they didn't came out..darren can you paste me here the link of the website you told me to download the manual for my incubator??I'm very desperate...in my cage i have 56 quails it's 1 male and 3 females the analogy.I'm  begging for help  hl1 hl1 hl1
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »

Theodoulos, Your link says it is a thermo air flow incubator so shouldn't it have a fan in it. Also try 1 hen to 1 rooster better fertility that way. That or the rooster is not doing the job. Only fill 1 slot in the tray in the bottom with water check every 3-4 days to make sure you still have water in it. Then when you take them out of the turner fill 2 slots with water and let them hatch do not open incubator during the hatch.
DarrenS

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 05:37:50 PM »

Hey Theo,

Jim is right, you will do well to follow what he has told you. By the way, ya haven't apologized to Ghost yet on the other thread
 ??? I trust you will make the apology, so here is the link which you could have found by just googling it yourself  https://www.gqfmfg.com
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »

agd2
Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »

agd2

Circle R Ranch - Kevin Rockholt - Pasadena, Tx - Licensed by the State of TX.  Lic. #  4661
theodoulos

Personal Text

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 03:32:02 PM »

many thank's to you jimmurray3,DarrenS,Circle R Ranch Kevin Rockholt for replying me..
i will do what jimmurray3 is told me to do hoping to have good result's...

darrens i don't understand what you mean,to apology me to who??why??can you tell me what you mean??
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2009, 04:22:36 PM »

Theodous, I'll tell you what he means. the comment you made to greyghost about the jumbo browns he has for sell by you saying having to many hens that the eggs would not be fertile why wouldn't they long as you have rooster to take care of the hens. So if there is no apology to GHOST you'll get no more help from me ss1ty2 Jim
theodoulos

Personal Text

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2009, 06:51:56 PM »

thank you jim for clear that out but how i will find the post to apologies to ghost??
you have been great help jim..a lot of thanks to you...do you remember in the past that you send me photos of your quail cages??
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2009, 09:38:37 PM »

y1 Now do what I told you with the incubator and see what happens.  ty2 Jim
theodoulos

Personal Text

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:40 PM »

well jim i just finished the cage that i was building and i would like to show you but i don't know how to attached pic's here,can you help me up..i will do what you told me with the incubator and we will see what happens. :xing: :xing: :xing: i wish it works bacause i will get too  :x...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »