Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:17:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Incubation
| | |-+  two pheasant chick?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: two pheasant chick?  (Read 9856 times)
birdlover
« on: June 15, 2007, 01:41:54 PM »

hi,
well so far i have 2 pheasant chicks, there are still 5 eggs left, hopefully they'll hatch.   Today is day 26
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 04:49:42 PM »

does  anybody even  care, not even a congrats?
Dont worry what comes around goes around :angel:

With that attitude, you're lucky if you don't get banned. Quite a few people here tried to help you with your questions, and because those of us with responsibilities and other outside interests didn't pat you on the back, you open up with a smart @$$ comment. This is the busiest time of the year for most of us in the bird business. We don't have time to troll the forums every day to reply to posts like this.

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 06:03:41 PM »

hi,
well so far i have 2 pheasant chicks, there are still 5 eggs left, hopefully they'll hatch.   Today is day 26

With that attitude, you're lucky if you don't get banned. Quite a few people here tried to help you with your questions, and because those of us with responsibilities and other outside interests didn't pat you on the back, you open up with a smart @$$ comment. This is the busiest time of the year for most of us in the bird business. We don't have time to troll the forums every day to reply to posts like this.

hi,
i wouldn't talk if i were you........ :laugh:    gee,  your too serious,relax!!!!

birdlover,

Once again I will ask you your age, and your location, since you don't know how to fill out a Profile Properly..

Once Again, you have to earn the respect from the old time members here. You may get away with it with the new members, but until you show some respect, I will not give you the time of day..

There are other members new and old that I would rather spend my time conversing with.

I, along with all the other old time members, who have been here since the inception of That Quail Place forum, and there has been many board revisements, would be More Than Willing, and More Than Happy, to help any newcomer on the board. 

We,, meaning the members know when someone doesn’t bother to take the time to, either to do a search on this board, That Quail Place forums search button, or hasn’t done the searches on the internet pertaining to the questions that they seek.

I have seen people like you come and go within a short time. Those that venture into this hobby and then go into the business understand the value of this board. We share valuable information on here that isn’t located on the Internet searches.

There are formulas and remedies that members have come up with that aren’t even listed elsewhere. There are ideas that members talk about that works for them that might not work for others, the ideas that are archived here that are worth their weight in gold to those that seek this information. Some work, some don’t, it is to each individual to experiment with.

There is one thing I would like to add to this post, To all the Members old and New that have posted valuable information that you cannot find elsewhere except on here, I commend you for your valuable time.

Sincerely from an old timer,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 08:02:45 PM »

birdlover,

Once again I will ask you your age, and your location, since you don't know how to fill out a Profile Properly..

Once Again, you have to earn the respect from the old time members here. You may get away with it with the new members, but until you show some respect, I will not give you the time of day..

There are other members new and old that I would rather spend my time conversing with.

I, along with all the other old time members, who have been here since the inception of That Quail Place forum, and there has been many board revisements, would be More Than Willing, and More Than Happy, to help any newcomer on the board. 

We,, meaning the members know when someone doesn’t bother to take the time to, either to do a search on this board, That Quail Place forums search button, or hasn’t done the searches on the internet pertaining to the questions that they seek.

I have seen people like you come and go within a short time. Those that venture into this hobby and then go into the business understand the value of this board. We share valuable information on here that isn’t located on the Internet searches.

There are formulas and remedies that members have come up with that aren’t even listed elsewhere. There are ideas that members talk about that works for them that might not work for others, the ideas that are archived here that are worth their weight in gold to those that seek this information. Some work, some don’t, it is to each individual to experiment with.

There is one thing I would like to add to this post, To all the Members old and New that have posted valuable information that you cannot find elsewhere except on here, I commend you for your valuable time.

Sincerely from an old timer,

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

:grin:

:cry:

Now that was good!    :wink:

Pheasant Hollow Farm,

Likewise.............Right back at ya!

......and Thanks to everyone from me too!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 08:10:59 PM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 02:40:16 PM »

If I am not mistaken, you posted in another topic not more than 3 days ago saying you would stop making 'stupid' posts, apologizing, and saying you wanted to start on a clean slate... and then here you go being rude again. You had that new, clean slate for a couple days up until today and you just dirtied it again... don't expect any more replies from me giving you advice. From now on, I will only be correcting you. Just think of me as a  :police: now... I'm tired of it.

Same here.  I am done.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 09:24:10 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm & everyone,

Since you asked, my age is 17, my location is New York, as you can see why such posts i start suggest why i don't live in the countryside or in a rural area.   

I guess that explains a lot.

No one can go beyond what he has been taught, but....

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »

Pheasant Hollow Farm & everyone,

Since you asked, my age is 17, my location is New York, as you can see why such posts i start suggest why i don't live in the countryside or in a rural area.   

I guess that explains a lot.

No one can go beyond what he has been taught, but....

But, common sense should have kicked in by now!

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
gsc
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007, 01:10:25 PM »

Birdlover,  one of the difficult things to learn at your age, is that there exists a large body of learning and wisdom that is outside of yourself.  Mark Twain once said, "when I was a lad of 14, my old man was the dumbest man I know.  When I turned 21, I was amazed at what he had learned in those 7 years!"  That body of experience must be respected.  While I do not suggest we return to the age of "Children should be seen and not heard", I would suggest you read and 'listen' more than you speak.  This forum is not a bunch of teenagers strutting for dominance, it is made of experience and often age.  You will find you get more information and acceptance when you show proper respect.  You may not realize it, but there has been a tremendous amount of patience spent in your behalf.  You would do well to understand this place is not 'hangin with your buds...' where you can say whatever pops into your head without any forethought for its content or outcome.  Please listen and learn.  You will find the satisfaction you are looking for, but it will only come with your learning patience.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 01:13:01 PM by gsc » Logged
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 03:20:02 PM »

You put vegetable matter in with young birds without grit & you'll kill them.
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »

That just might be a blessing.

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
jk
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 02:43:19 PM »

Coming from a person who has raised how many chicks?

American Game Bantams, Wood Ducks, and Mandarins.
bird288

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 09:27:36 PM »

Birdlover,,You said in your last post on here that you wish you could snap your fingers and make your neighbors disapper ,,Looks like to me on here alot of Good People ,,Want you to go away ,,Why? are you still doing it ,,,,
  You need to set back and listen and learn from all these people on here ,,
 There are alot of SMART Men & Women ,,,,Here
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 11:05:17 PM »

I have a little time to waste.

hi,
 Does it really matter if i raise 10 chicks or 100,

As a matter of fact, it does!  At the time in my life when I had raised 100 game birds to maturity I wasn't qualified to wipe Reeve's    um-er-ah, shoes, or give advice to anyone.  The difference is:  I KNEW I WASN'T QUAILIFIED !!!!!  By the way, I was over Forty years old, with Twenty plus years raising cattle, and a few hogs.  I'm still amazed how little that helped (lol).  Even now, I have a lot to learn.  BUT  now I'm ready to wipe!

When you have raised 20 or 30 batches of 10 chicks, or 100, or 1000 chicks, you will just be beginning to have some experience, IF you pay better attention than you do on this forum.  Even if you raised 10 batches of 100, without losing one bird, you might not be really experienced.

i'm still ampling the same technique of heat, feed, water, space, litter, ventilation etc,  i would rather be successful with 10 chicks then fail at 100 chicks.

What the hell is "ampling the same technique" ?  

Where does failing at 10 birds (or 6, or 14, or however many you have "failed at", killed, or allowed to escape to starve, or be eaten by those "mean looking" hawks) rank in you druthers?  Oops, there I go, being colloquial, again.  I should have written
where does that rank in your "I'd rathers"?  "Oh well, they're cheap to replace", so who cares, right?

I asked you a simple question a week, or so, ago which, if answered honestly may have allowed me to helped you gain some real insight into why nearly everyone here is "down on you"  and how to turn it around.  HINT:  It does not include the fake liberal American apology which is so popular and in demand, these days.

When you have been around the pot, and hit the handle as many times as Reeves, or Trailboss, some of the others here, or even me, for crying out loud, you will, erase that, may understand what is going on, now.  If you do, I "guaroneteee" you will be so embarrassed at your behavior, you will hide your face in shame!

Without really realizing how accurate he was, jk hit the proverbial nail on the noggin.

You don't know "Grit" !

Jack
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 11:13:48 PM by wildergamebirds » Logged

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2007, 11:17:18 PM »

You don't know "Grit" !

x2

I feed mine grit from day one & never had a problem. Ever.

birdlover, use your head for something other than keeping your ears apart !
madasafish
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 01:54:06 AM »

I'm afraid Birdlover looks ,smells and acts like a troll.

Posts to wind you all up.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »