Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  New or Existing Member's Section
| | |-+  birdlover???????
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: birdlover???????  (Read 26130 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2008, 07:26:46 PM »

You forgot to tell us that. That changes everything.  We need details so we don't have to read between the lines.  That sounds good for you, how long do you figure you'll live there?   Nice place.

Because my cousin has pheasants thats why!!

Does that make it permissable?

hey charlie,
Sorry about that guys i thought you knew my cousins had pheasants in NC i beleive i told you guys one time, but its ok. He has pheasants, partridges,  over 45 doves, over 58 rabbits. He's had them for awhile, i actually helped him get his birds. To be honest with you, i wish i lived their now, i can't wait.  As long as the birds will be taken care of, i'll probably ask my cousin to feed them when i'm not there, but dont know yet. How can i have birds there if i'll be here sometimes. I just need time to think it through. 
Thanks!!!

birdlover,

Why haven't you ever posted pictures of your cousins set up???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Hi steve,
ohh i have pics of my cousins setup, if you would like to see them i'll show you.

Wow combine the two talents, i dont see why pheasant egg or quail eggs wouldn't work in a croissants, would add a nice gamey or wild flavor.   Yeah wildergamebirds you know i cant have pigs in a blanket, i'll get in biggg trouble.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 08:40:38 PM »

Yeah wildergamebirds you know i cant have pigs in a blanket, i'll get in biggg trouble.

It would break your Mom's heart, son ! Don't do it !

:evil:
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 09:51:11 PM »

D**n it Reeves you beat me again!

You know, even modern parents would have to walk in to see what all the squealing was about.  I don't Know about N.C. law, but I think it's OK in W.V.   Steve??

p.s.  The Appalachian, and Smoky mountains are pretty much exempt to most state laws.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 02:51:51 AM »

You forgot to tell us that. That changes everything.  We need details so we don't have to read between the lines.  That sounds good for you, how long do you figure you'll live there?   Nice place.

Because my cousin has pheasants thats why!!

Does that make it permissable?

hey charlie,
Sorry about that guys i thought you knew my cousins had pheasants in NC i beleive i told you guys one time, but its ok. He has pheasants, partridges,  over 45 doves, over 58 rabbits. He's had them for awhile, i actually helped him get his birds. To be honest with you, i wish i lived their now, i can't wait.  As long as the birds will be taken care of, i'll probably ask my cousin to feed them when i'm not there, but dont know yet. How can i have birds there if i'll be here sometimes. I just need time to think it through. 
Thanks!!!

birdlover,

Why haven't you ever posted pictures of your cousins set up???

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Hi steve,
ohh i have pics of my cousins setup, if you would like to see them i'll show you.

Wow combine the two talents, i dont see why pheasant egg or quail eggs wouldn't work in a croissants, would add a nice gamey or wild flavor.   Yeah wildergamebirds you know i cant have pigs in a blanket, i'll get in biggg trouble.

birdlover,

Using either pheasant egg or quail egg will not give the croissant a gamey or wild flavor. Then again, if the egg is well over due, it may give the croissant a rotten tast s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 04:13:21 AM »

Here's a question for you birdlover, How does your cousin get away with having pheasant and quail in their community, when North Carolina classifies game birds under poultry with the NC Dept of Agriculture?

Or does your cousin have one or both of these?
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg04_HuntingTrapping/pg4a7prop_regs.pdf
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg01_License/CaptivityPack.pdf

Or.... is he an Outlaw as your self s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 12:05:34 PM »

Here's a question for you birdlover, How does your cousin get away with having pheasant and quail in their community, when North Carolina classifies game birds under poultry with the NC Dept of Agriculture?

Or does your cousin have one or both of these?
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg04_HuntingTrapping/pg4a7prop_regs.pdf
http://www.ncwildlife.org/pg01_License/CaptivityPack.pdf

Or.... is he an Outlaw as your self s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Well as i've said before only chickens and pigs are not allowed, the county didnt say poultry are not allowed just chickens. It kinda doesnt make sense how chickens are not allowed but all other poultry are, but those are the regulations in the county i'm just telling you. He does has a license of some sort. And he doesnt have quail just pheasant and partridge being the only game birds. I'll post some picture of his set- up later.

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »

Hey,
here are some shots of my cousin's setup in North Carolina.

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2008, 08:04:10 PM »

OK, Steve first, then Reeves,  Charlie, Slider, wherever you can squeeze in.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
birddog
Expert Member

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2008, 08:42:39 PM »

s47 here we go again   s20

raising and breeding ringneck pheasants , bobwhite quail and English setters.  also have   turkeys, chickens, geese and pigs.. lions tigers bears oh my
MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2008, 11:17:30 PM »

OMG!!!   Well at least they are not under a porch!!! :-o
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 11:39:59 PM by MtBullion Gamebirds » Logged

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
jchiar
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2008, 04:24:38 AM »

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree  don't know who is older but it FITS EITHER ONE j45 j41   WOW
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2008, 04:29:30 AM »

birdlover,

This has got to be a set up of some sort, right??? Otherwise.You have got to be kidding me.

The way you boasted about your cousin set up I expect more. I have seen better living arrangements for chickens in 3rd world countries. Did your cousin get the advice on cage requirements from you, or was it the other way around.

NC DNR approved his license application after inspecting the living arrangements for the birds?

I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree...... so sad.. It's a good thing he isn't a member of this forum, you think you get your a$$ reamed out on your set up, we would have a field day with him...

I hope there aren't any P.E.T.A. scouts lurking around this forum. They would just love to make a visit down there.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2008, 03:12:47 PM »

Hey,
the pen is larger than this, you guys do know that these pictures were taken over a year ago, so his pen is a little different now.  I've seen his pens their larger than it seems.  He's going to arrange eveything next year a little differently. He does have electric fence around his property to keep the predators away, but he hasn't had any problems with his birds. The last time i saw his birds they were all doing great, i don't find anything wrong with his pens, they have plenty of room.   

MtBullion Gamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 03:27:34 PM »

They can't fly!!!   They are not chickens.   You are kidding me, you don't see anything wrong with those "cages"?  How many chukar are in there anyway? 

Teresa
Mt. Bullion Gamebirds
www.mtbulliongamebirds.com
Licensed Gamebird Breeder by the California Department of Fish and Game.  A.I. clean tested.  Not currently N.P.I.P.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2008, 04:44:08 PM »

:-o

I'd have never posted them pictures.  Are those before or after a hurricane hit?  I see some good ideas though for those who may come across some debri after these hurricanes hit.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree    WOW

WOW!! is right.  Makes me feel as if my pens are sterile.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:00:52 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »