Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 02:32:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Sportsman Deal?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sportsman Deal?  (Read 19429 times)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 09:03:28 AM »

s20

s47

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2008, 08:35:41 AM »

OK loose Marrett was the reason the Electronic wasn't working properly. However the wafer still doesn't work. I replaced the wafer (twice), NO difference. I will try a new wafer assm. today s176.
$600.00 + 27.00 (2 wafers),+ (I don't know what they want for the whole wafer stat) won't be long and this should qualify for FREEVES status, piece of  s53.
The original owner did give me a good deal on a Snow white R.N. to replace the male R.N. that the Owl got.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2008, 08:56:42 AM »

OK loose Marrett was the reason the Electronic wasn't working properly. However the wafer still doesn't work. I replaced the wafer (twice), NO difference. I will try a new wafer assm. today s176.
$600.00 + 27.00 (2 wafers),+ (I don't know what they want for the whole wafer stat) won't be long and this should qualify for FREEVES status, piece of  s53.
The original owner did give me a good deal on a Snow white R.N. to replace the male R.N. that the Owl got.

labmancan,

If the unit has the electronic thermostat, the back up wafer will not operate. You will have to disconnect the electronic thermostat to check the wafer out.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »

Thanks for the info Steve;
The instructions stated to dial the Electronic back a turn or so. I will try to set the wafer with the Electronic disconected.

Manchurian x, Ring Neck, Silver, Lady Amherst, Red Golden,Yellow Golden, Impeyens, Swinhoe, Humes Bartailed Pheasants, Chukkar Partridge and Ringnecked Doves!
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »

You were bored and looking for something to do.

Apparently, you found something to do  :grin:
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »

Even went to the P.O.P.W.A. annual general meeting Sunday ::)

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 04:36:47 PM »

labmancan,

If the unit has the electronic thermostat, the back up wafer will not operate. You will have to disconnect the electronic thermostat to check the wafer out.

I'm not a GQF incubator guru by any means. The "wafer stat" on my GQF hacther with main electronic thermostat has the wafer stat wired into the system and is used as a safety switch to prevent overheating in case of electronic stat failure........but, I would assume that the electronic stat would have to be bypassed in order to use wafer stat as the sole thermostat? 

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2008, 06:06:00 PM »

C.H.;
100% correct. If you disconnect the Electronic you have no power to the Wafer at all.
 I just bought a new Wafer stat $37.99 + 5% tax, The instructions were worth it. I have it installed and am waiting for it to reach 107*, if and when it does, then I can adjust the Elect. to 99.75* and it should take over from the Wafer.

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2008, 06:56:10 PM »

OK loose Marrett was the reason the Electronic wasn't working properly.

What's that?     :-|

labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2008, 08:09:55 PM »

C.H.
They may call it a wire nut or Marr connecter down there,  here they're a Marrette. A black. yellow or red bakelite type plastic, that you twist around 110vlt wire to splice them together. They are listed as 30,33,and 35 depending on the amperage rating and gauge of the wire.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2008, 08:34:33 PM »

I thought of a way to fix it !

Cut a hole through the bottom, set on the house register/heat vent and crank the heat up ! "circulating" fan and all !

:grin:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59:45 PM »

C.H.
They may call it a wire nut or Marr connecter down there,  here they're a Marrette. A black. yellow or red bakelite type plastic, that you twist around 110vlt wire to splice them together. They are listed as 30,33,and 35 depending on the amperage rating and gauge of the wire.

I kinda figured that might be what you where talking about. I was an electricial contractor for about 20 years quite some time ago.

I thought of a way to fix it !

Cut a hole through the bottom, set on the house register/heat vent and crank the heat up ! "circulating" fan and all !

:grin:

s20

Don't pay any attention to "Reeves".  He doesn't even know how an incubator works, that's why he doesn't have one.

s47

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2008, 09:06:40 PM »

Hey ! I have two !
Actually, counting all of them, there are ten.
(8 have feathers  :grin:)
labmancan
Expert Member

« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2008, 09:46:57 PM »

Yup that would work if the wife wasn't already going through mental pause. I t can be 18-20* in the house and she breaks out into a sweat. I haven't even taken the air-conditioner out of the bedroom window yet.

Well no difference 2 new wafers, a new wafer stat, disconnect Electronic (NO power at all). The manual says to set the wafer (back) control first, set it to 107* so it will keep the eggs from cooking if the Elect. fails. Garage is 72*f, the wafer will not raise the 1202 temp above 88*f s176 s80 s53 s53 s53. Time to return it, see if he has one that works, it can only be the Electronic control at this point.

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:14 PM »

I t can be 18-20* in the house and she breaks out into a sweat. I haven't even taken the air-conditioner out of the bedroom window yet.

s020

Been there  c29
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »