Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Mr. Recycling (13 pictures)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Recycling (13 pictures)  (Read 16614 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: June 08, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »

Well, been keeping busy on my off time and rain days.
You may remember the BBQ tool trolly I made ?

Well, I also had plans for the top part. I had salvaged an old camper for the parts. I took the table leg (pipe) and the round bracket that fits top and bottom of the pipe, from the table. I then bolted the bracket to the bottom of the BBQ , pounded the pipe into the ground , for a fire pit. Used within a couple hours of being done.

Salvaged the 2" ball and hitch from my old boat trailer. Got tired of the pin hook up on the lawn tractor. So , using the welder the neighbor loaned me....

Picked up 12' of 1 1/4" square pipe for a pipe rack on the back of the truck. I needed this, as the tool box is "oversize" and to haul free pipe home.....

Neighbor had a small tiller. Gave it to me, because she couldn't get it going and her hubby didn't seem to want to work on it. All I had to do was adjust the throttle cable. Offered it back, and they didn't want it. However, it would "dance" all over the place. I bolted 15lbs to it and now works great !
In the back ground the three gas cans on the left were free as well ! You can see some hose on the shelf ? It's the free tiger torch !

Free big tiller. Had to sort of re-build it. Only thing costing me was a new belt and a brass bushing.

Next is the free table saw I picked up about a week ago. Steel legs and main frame. Works...I have a couple small things to fix. Just to get a couple locks freed up.
Note the decorative branch. It's a play branch for one of the Quail pens.

Free Suzuki 8 horse engine and gas tank. I'll be working on the leg, maybe new seals. Already have a buyer !

Last winter I was working in the bush west of Ft. McMurray , AB. Saw some pistons , out of a gas compressor engine. Free. No idea what I'll be doing with them. Cool though, eh ?
That is a 930gram (2lbs) coffee can sitting on the middle one.

Was driving into a lease site looking for free pipe. Saw a black box thing on the way in. Good thing I checked it out on the way out ! It's a DeWALT XRP kit. Hammer drill, recip saw, skill saw and light !
No way to find out who owned it. (tried)

Free camper. Going to salvage all windows and all propane stuff. Going to build a "shack" and put up on (free) pipe for a sort of tree stand, for Coyote control. It will have the heater and stove, so it will be used all year long ! I have other big (free) windows I'll use.

Got me a free stainless sink. There was no taps though. However, I had some other free plumbing stuff. I still have to get some 2x4s and plywood to finish this vegy washing station for by the garden.

Free incubator ! I know, she has been scalped. The guy I got her from had her in a wee tiny pen with two males during breeding season. His loss : she has hatched out two years in a row ! (this will be her 3rd time now) She is on about 20 eggs.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2008, 06:33:03 PM by Reeves » Logged
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 06:54:37 PM »

Holy mackerel!!! You seem to have hit the motherload of free-dom!!!  j2
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 07:02:19 PM »

Holy mackerel!!! You seem to have hit the motherload of free-dom!!!  j2

You have no idea ! The above is the tip of the iceburg, so to speak !  :angel:

s020
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:32:34 AM »

Reeves ,   have you ever thought of becoming a used car salesman.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 07:15:54 AM »

Nice free stuff esp. the DeWalt...there is alot of it out there..its just what you do with it after you get it..Looks like you are putting it to good use... s98

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 07:24:23 AM »

You know what they say, ones trash, is another ones treasures.

Meet the new Fred Sanford s020

Nice catch on the Dewalt..

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 08:20:13 AM »

Reeves ,   have you ever thought of becoming a used car salesman.

Key word is "salesman".
I very seldom sell anything !
 :grin:

Yes, the DeWALT was a great find ! Been using the dril and recip saw lots !
Although, I had to buy a new charger. But I "talked" them down by over $80.00 on it !
Drives the wife nuts when we go together to get stuff. I refuse to pay maked price on anything !
Last pair of work boots had a small scuff on one boot....talked them down on those !  :grin:
They sell trees, bushes, flowers etc at the food store in town. I'll look at the sticker price, then make an offer of half. You would be surprised at how often they take it !
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 10:02:17 AM »

You need to be on the show "Let's Make a Deal". That was my favorite! Have fun playing with all your free stuff. Although, it all seems to be things that involve work... Not play... hm.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

I really dig those pistons!   Maybe you can scrap those?, the Chinese will be able to build a lighter bomb out of that material and then send it back.   :-|

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »

I really dig those pistons!

What's your mailing addy ? I'll ship em collect  :grin:
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2008, 11:04:28 AM »

s020    I don't like them that much! 

Besides, my piles runneth over...wife says that I won't get rid of anything, I told her that if she keeps smartin' off, we'll see if that holds true?!   ^-^

jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 12:10:29 AM »

I told her that if she keeps smartin' off, we'll see if that holds true?!    Love it,   Charlie, could not of been said better. But on the other hand I hope my wife doesn't see my reply.
galaxie428

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 12:15:24 PM »

And my wife thinks I collect too much crap! I have got to show her your post. I like free and when it comes to metal and stuff like that, you can always make something out of it. I made a nice big yard roller out of a 300gal diesel tank, two 55 gal drums and parts from an old grain auger. I could find a roller heavy enough to smash a mole hill so I decided to make one. It only cost me about $200 for the concrete to fill it.

I welded the two 55gal drums together and welded them in the center of the diesel tank. The space between the drums and the tank I filled with concrete to provide a "little" weight and to keep the tank from creasing if I hit a rock or something. It only weighs about 3500 lbs. Oh, I can also fill the drums with water if I need the extra weight  :wink:.

I pull it with the 4-wheeler but don't get in my way because it is a little hard to get stopped!

I can seem to find any pics here at work. I know I have some at home.

Jason
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 01:07:50 PM »

I pull it with the 4-wheeler but don't get in my way because it is a little hard to get stopped!

Any body see some kind of a wreck in the future ?  :grin:

You want to see more "good stuff" look in the topic "Fence Poles" in this general section  s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 01:16:18 PM »

pull it with the 4-wheeler but don't get in my way because it is a little hard to get stopped!

Does "Road Runner" and "Wile E. Coyote" pop into your mind?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »