Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:04:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  website
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: website  (Read 3283 times)
Nate F.

« on: April 24, 2008, 01:33:38 PM »

HI Everyone.  I'm trying to make a website, and I'm hoping to have pictures on it.  It would be really easy if I could just use Google images, but Those pics are probably copyrighted and I can't legally use them.  Does anyone have pics that they could post for me to use?  If you want I'll even put your name on them! s020 Thanks
-Nate

Ps.  I'm looking for different breeds of quail, pheasant, and partridge

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
laughingbear

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2008, 03:20:18 PM »

I dont have any pics, but you "can" use google images, to a point.  Its not really "legal", but unless you get like yahoo big, nobody should say anything.  And if they do, "oh, i am sorry, i will take it down."  Now, i would not cut and paste pics straight out of google images.  Take them and modify them, work them into your design.  Law says that you have to change it by 20%.

For Example (very quick and dirty),

This pic (searching images.google.com for quail eggs)

Could be this website header

For content pics and such, i would try to use your own or a buddies.  You really need to use your own pics if your selling or offering.  Otherwise you could get hit for false advertising or such.

Let me know if i can help in anyway.  Be Glad to.

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »

Oh, and for content pics, anything .gov or .edu you should be able to use as it.  just dont hotlink.  they get pissed about that.  I know i would.

hth

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 05:16:03 PM »

Thanks for the info!  What if I add the picture, then put down where I got it from?  I have actually already done this, but I haven't published it.  If I am going to sell, I will have my own pics, but right now I don't even have any game birds, besides a partridge and a pheasant that flew away.  I also don't really know anyone who raises birds.  Would telling where I got it from be good?  Thanks
-Nate

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
laughingbear

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:02:03 PM »

I would say if it was a goverment info site, or a wiki site, it would be ok IF you give props to that site.  Also, have a links page on your site, and list hyperlinks back to them.

For example, you could pull info and pics from this site, and they wont care.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quail

Look forward to seeing the site.

hth