Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:45:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  1st Black Snake of the season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 1st Black Snake of the season  (Read 6412 times)
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:30 PM »

I got the sucker s020 s020 Got it while I was cutting the grass. Ran it over, what a racket ..

I went to the house to get the camera and when I got back to the snake, there was another one there. It booked when it saw me and headed for the high grass.

I'll get the black  s53 next time.

Well so much for the picture. I get an error message. The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator. any smaller and you can't see the snake!!

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 05:41:45 PM by Pheasant Hollow Farm » Logged

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 05:53:46 PM »

The white snow snake up here is very seldom seen, due to their secretive nature and coloring much the same as what they eat : snow, mainly.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:54:35 PM »

I got the sucker  Got it while I was cutting the grass. Ran it over, what a racket ..

s98    ...I pulled a couple ticks out of my scalp the other day too! :-o

You changed your post midstream of my posting.........  you previously stated that, "the snake would be in the next post"........         I thought that was a typo and you meant, "next county"  or "fence post".       :grin:

I still like to see a terrier tear into a snake, the smacking on the sides of the dog has to hurt like a bull whip!  

.......any smaller and you can't see the snake.

Happens all the time to me, I usually send Larry a PM and he'll fix it (add memory or something) within a day or two.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 10:38:31 PM »

Way to go Steve..were tied...I saw  a shed from a monster when I was weedeating the other day. I am keeping an eye out for him..My little terrier got ran over the other day and it killed him. So I put out a case of moth balls..smells funny around here.. s020 miss my little dog...

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 06:05:51 AM »

I got the sucker  Got it while I was cutting the grass. Ran it over, what a racket ..

s98    ...I pulled a couple ticks out of my scalp the other day too! :-o

You changed your post midstream of my posting.........  you previously stated that, "the snake would be in the next post"........         I thought that was a typo and you meant, "next county"  or "fence post".       :grin:

I still like to see a terrier tear into a snake, the smacking on the sides of the dog has to hurt like a bull whip!  

Happens all the time to me, I usually send Larry a PM and he'll fix it (add memory or something) within a day or two.

CharlieHorse,

First I tried to upload the picture within the same post and it said that the picture file size and text was more then 128kb. s176

So then I hit the back button to resize again and I lose all the text that I had written.  s53

Now I have to re type the whole thing, this time doing it in word so I don't have to re type if I lose it, just copy it from word and past into the post. So now I go to make the picture smaller and add it to the post. This time it is telling me that the file size is still to large .  s53 me I says.

Now I hit back and the error window comes up stating that I had already subimitted the post. It never showed up so I said  s53 it !

I resubmitted the post and decide to add the picture seperate. Well that never happened either.. I spent over 20 minutes trying to do one post.. j45

I never get a responce from Larry.. Oh well, such is life j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
laughingbear

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 08:58:06 AM »

I got the sucker  Got it while I was cutting the grass. Ran it over, what a racket ..

s98    ...I pulled a couple ticks out of my scalp the other day too! :-o

You changed your post midstream of my posting.........  you previously stated that, "the snake would be in the next post"........         I thought that was a typo and you meant, "next county"  or "fence post".       :grin:

CharlieHorse,

First I tried to upload the picture within the same post and it said that the picture file size and text was more then 128kb. s176

So then I hit the back button to resize again and I lose all the text that I had written.  s53

Now I have to re type the whole thing, this time doing it in word so I don't have to re type if I lose it, just copy it from word and past into the post. So now I go to make the picture smaller and add it to the post. This time it is telling me that the file size is still to large .  s53 me I says.

Now I hit back and the error window comes up stating that I had already subimitted the post. It never showed up so I said  s53 it !

I resubmitted the post and decide to add the picture seperate. Well that never happened either.. I spent over 20 minutes trying to do one post.. j45

I never get a responce from Larry.. Oh well, such is life j41

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Email me the pic, i will host it on my server and the post it for ya.

got to go fix some printers at the police department, but i should be back in a few

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2008, 10:16:49 AM »

You need to be carefull killing some species is a state or  federal offence saying that i am off tomorrow to the butt end of  IL to watch snakes in the Shawnee national forest  they block the road to traffic as all the snakes are coming out of hibernation  and  several species can be seen in huge numbers (i used to breed snakes  now the only reptiles i keep are tortoises) pics can be seen on my website www.emeraldisleaviary.com  Jim
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 11:05:47 AM »

The only snake that I will not kill is a KING SNAKE....because they eat other snakes...all the rest are DOA....

laughingbear

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 03:34:41 PM »

I only shoot 2 kinds of snakes.

Snakes, and sticks that look like snakes.   c110

If it rattles, shoot it again just to make sure..

Never meddle in the affairs of Hackers, Geeks, or Nerds.  For they are subtle and quick to anger.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2008, 06:18:26 PM »

I've never even seen a snake where I live!!!! ( Alberta if you're wondering.)

Everyone is entitled to my opinion
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 08:24:15 PM »

I only shoot 2 kinds of snakes.

Snakes, and sticks that look like snakes.   c110

If it rattles, shoot it again just to make sure..

s020
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 09:51:32 PM »

::)      ::)  Right there's one!      ::)    ::)

//////////                                         \\\\\\\\\\\\\

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 08:21:57 AM »

::)      ::)  Right there's one!      ::)    ::)

//////////                                         \\\\\\\\\\\\\

???

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »