Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 07:58:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Graduating tomorrow..........
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Graduating tomorrow..........  (Read 11991 times)
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »

Hey,
Yeeessssssss its finally over!! ....I did it!!!!!!   j2 j2 j2 j2    p42
Sorry that i didn't get back to you guys sooner, I'm just enjoying that special day and proud of myself for getting this far.  Graduation night was good, last time i will see all my friends and teachers,  but there will be a time i make new friends.  In one way I'm happy to get out of that school and move on to do what i always wanted to do then in another way I'm sad to leave the good times I've made in that school and of course miss all my friends, teachers, and the rest of the school.
So I've decided what i will be doing with my life in the future, I've thought about it what do i enjoy doing the most and would make me happy doing so i thought, Gardening, Raising Birds, Becoming a Chef, and that was basically it.  Since i will be going to a college in the city i really doubt that there is a college for gardening or is there? Raising birds a college in the city highly  doubt it, but becoming a chef there are colleges for this in the city. So I've decided to become a Chef, more specific a Pastry Chef, now i can create cakes that look like pheasants or quails  s020
I will still do gardening and raise birds this wont change, I'm just going to be a chef not a big one though in a restaurant probably working in a small bakery or something similar. The college is ICE (Institute of Culinary Education).
Noo guys i didn't get drunk, but I'll save that part for this week my favorite,wine i even make a few bottles of wine in the Fall, in a few months I'll be ready  to make some more. Even beer is good i know for that its about malted barley or other grains and hops.  
I'm just going to enjoy the summer then i get the boot to college at the end of Oct. though I'll finish it pretty quick (6 months) somehow the culinary world is run differently than other colleges like lawyers, doctors, teachers, etc..
All the memories i made at my high school will last a lifetime. Well for the raccoon, i just made sure the wire mesh would out the strength of the raccoon, and i haven't seen signs of him returning lets hope he's gone for good. But i will have to just keep re baiting the trap until i get him.

Thanks guys for all the good advice, congrats, laughter, and sincerity. I could truly not thank you guys enough!!! You're the best    j11

i6

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2008, 03:24:01 PM »

I could truly not thank you guys enough!!!

$50 would be a good start.

Just goes to prove that they'll give anybody a diploma just to get rid of them.

c49

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2008, 04:31:37 PM »

I could truly not thank you guys enough!!!

$50 would be a good start.

Just goes to prove that they'll give anybody a diploma just to get rid of them.

c49

s020 .... They dont just give anybody a Dipolma you have to earn it, work hard etc in school

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2008, 04:52:22 PM »

^-^

They dont just give anybody a Dipolma

I wouldn't bet on that, I see you still have alot to learn.   ^-^   Many colleges have been known to give employees degrees, whom which never took the course.    s47  

Although, I was just pullin' your leg, I know for a fact that some teachers in the public school systems will pass students just to get rid of them.

A course in "Reading between the lines" and "What goes on behind closed doors" are good courses to take. You'd be shakin' your head, thinkin', "Man, I would have never dreamed that kind of garbage went on in the good ole USA!"     :-|

One of those usually unexpected courses, such as the "Divorce Course", will smartin' a person up real good on just how the world goes around too.   :-o  Steer clear of this one if at all possible, some things a person can do without knowing/experiencing.

Good Luck in your ventures.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2008, 05:09:35 PM by CharlieHorse » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
slider
Expert Member

What do you mean I have to press 1 for english.

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2008, 07:20:08 PM »

See you on the FOOD NETWORK CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!Enjoy your summer you deserve it...If I were you I would spend all summer trying to catch that coon.. s020

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2008, 07:31:57 PM »

After further review.........

give anybody a Dipolma

s20      ???     :-|

See, I was right the first time!    :grin:

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2008, 02:28:48 PM »

^-^

They dont just give anybody a Dipolma

I wouldn't bet on that, I see you still have alot to learn.   ^-^   Many colleges have been known to give employees degrees, whom which never took the course.    s47  

Although, I was just pullin' your leg, I know for a fact that some teachers in the public school systems will pass students just to get rid of them.

A course in "Reading between the lines" and "What goes on behind closed doors" are good courses to take. You'd be shakin' your head, thinkin', "Man, I would have never dreamed that kind of garbage went on in the good ole USA!"     :-|

One of those usually unexpected courses, such as the "Divorce Course", will smartin' a person up real good on just how the world goes around too.   :-o  Steer clear of this one if at all possible, some things a person can do without knowing/experiencing.

Good Luck in your ventures.

Thanks Charlie for that laugh  s020 i needed it.   Yeah a lot of kids in public schools are bad so i can understand how a teacher just wants them gone not have to deal with them anymore. Interesting courses Charlie , know any schools that offer them , i'm interested ..... j41 Sign me up.

birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 02:33:16 PM »

See you on the FOOD NETWORK CHANNEL!!!!!!!!!Enjoy your summer you deserve it...If I were you I would spend all summer trying to catch that coon.. s020

Yeah that would be nice me on the food show, thanks slider i appreciate it.  Yeah trust me thats what i have planned just trying to get that coon once and for all, I'm trying to stock my pond with some koi and tadpoles but not until i get this coon situation solved, i don't want the coon to have a buffet at my pond once i get the koi and tadpoles.

frank_lap_127
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2008, 02:56:55 PM »

Birdlover,
So we have more than brids in common! I love to cook, especially cooking dishes with mediterranian style. Here's a great recipe of salmon darne :

-Take a salmon darne
-Put black pepper as much as you want on one side
-Over the black pepper, put a little bit of Dijon Mustard
-Make this side roast in a pan for approximately 1 minute (just to give a roast taste to the mustard
-After this, take the darne and put it on the other side
-Add basilic pesto on the raw salmon (I suggest to use Classico Pesto and remove a lot of oil if you don't want it to be to greasy.
-In the hole of the darn, put some shrimps tail (only the meat) and add a little bit of garlic butter.
-Over all this, put mozarrella as much as you want (soft mozarrella, not the hard cheese bars)
-Over this you can put other thing of your own choice
-Put this in the oven at 400F and make it cook as long as needed
-Serve this with a white wine or a rose wine (hope my traduction is good...), not too fruity in taste, more dry.
-Taste and enjoy!

Frank
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »

Birdlover,
So we have more than brids in common! I love to cook, especially cooking dishes with mediterranian style. Here's a great recipe of salmon darne :

-Take a salmon darne
-Put black pepper as much as you want on one side
-Over the black pepper, put a little bit of Dijon Mustard
-Make this side roast in a pan for approximately 1 minute (just to give a roast taste to the mustard
-After this, take the darne and put it on the other side
-Add basilic pesto on the raw salmon (I suggest to use Classico Pesto and remove a lot of oil if you don't want it to be to greasy.
-In the hole of the darn, put some shrimps tail (only the meat) and add a little bit of garlic butter.
-Over all this, put mozarrella as much as you want (soft mozarrella, not the hard cheese bars)
-Over this you can put other thing of your own choice
-Put this in the oven at 400F and make it cook as long as needed
-Serve this with a white wine or a rose wine (hope my traduction is good...), not too fruity in taste, more dry.
-Taste and enjoy!

Frank

Thanks Frank that was real nice of you to share a recipe , that salmon sounds really good i have to try it, i'll share some recipes to you as well, i'm mainly going to deal with baking and pastry like, breads, cookies, pies, cakes, pizzas, ice cream, desserts, etc.....    so my recipe will be from that area. I like cooking mediterranian style too well i'm from that area so i enjoy cooking the way i'm used to.
Thanks Again Frank, appreciate it greatly!!

CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2008, 03:13:22 PM »

know any schools that offer them , i'm interested

Not off hand, although what is so ironic is that with the "Divorce Course", which is offered at the Court House, covers a wide range of subjects, you could get a degree in things such as.....criminal justice, bankruptcy, child support enforcement, wage garnishing, incarceration, poverty, jail cell construction, not to mention the 2 courses previously mentioned. Heck, they'll even provide you with transportation to classes in a police cruiser if you play your cards right.  Years to complete the course and the degree sought depends on your determination, they offer 1 to 5 year courses, some even up to 10.

^-^

frank_lap_127
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2008, 05:01:22 PM »

Jbird,
That's fine! Here's a great recipe of chicken breast (I hope I use the good word  s020)

-Mix one quantity of mild Ajvar (Red peppers past) with 2/3 quantity of Sour Cream and 1/3 of Honey Mustard.
-Let your chicken breasts in for few ours and put in oven at 425F

Another one.

Take pork tenderloin (the small one of quality). Split in two, add smoked oysters in with mozarella and make this cook in an onion soup (don't put too much of the last one!).

I'll send few others later!

Frank
bobhunter

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 02:32:17 PM »

Any other courses required at ICE other than those to do with culinary stuff?
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2008, 03:14:38 PM »

Any other courses required at ICE other than those to do with culinary stuff?

Well, not really ICE deals with 100% cuilnary stuff, but they do have wine classes and other business type classes.

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2008, 08:32:08 PM »

know any schools that offer them , i'm interested

Years to complete the course and the degree sought depends on your determination, they offer 1 to 5 year courses, some even up to 10.

^-^

Rykers

Chuck, they missed it!

Proves your other point, huh?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »