Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:37:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Missouri
| | | |-+  Where do I get a license for raising bobwhite quail in the state of Missouri???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do I get a license for raising bobwhite quail in the state of Missouri???  (Read 21129 times)
aenicho2

« on: November 24, 2008, 01:01:47 PM »

My mom is raising bobwhite quail, illegaly i suppose.  When she ordered them they didn't ask or inquire about her having a license to raise them.  I live in Missouri and I was wondering where and how she should go about getting a license because she would like to sell the eggs and meat, but she doesn't want to break the law.  I have looked all over the internet and haven't found anything about how or where to go to get a license so I am hoping someone knows. 

Thank you
Abby
mark

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:35:48 PM »

Call the Dept of Conservation down in Jefferson City. They will mail you permit forms to fill out. She will need a Breeders Permit to sell birds, if she sells live birds the consumer will also have to have a permit.

As for possessing BW's  before a permit I'm guessing you will have to pay a fine for them. You might be able to explain to the agent what happened and them might be able to help you out about that issue.

Mark
Missouri Resident
jimmurray3
Expert Member

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 07:52:15 PM »

Some states like mine if you have under 50 birds at a time you do not have to have a permit. Check with fish & wildlife in your state they will tell you what you need to do. thank ya Jim
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:20:35 AM »

What county?  You may want to send me a P.M., rather than posting publicly.  Some of the County Enforcement people are pretty easy to get along with.  Others are not.

In Mo., there is a different classification for 50, or fewer birds.  There is a required permit, and a small fee, but it does not allow for selling birds.  The game breeders permit is only $50 per year, which allows any number to be hatched, possessed, or sold.  If she bought them from a Mo. grower, they should have requested a permit number.  Sellers do not have to actually check the permit, but eventually, everything should match up, or someone will pay.

Their main concern is that everyone has a proper permit (and pays a fee).  Most people would move the birds, clean the pens/cages, or put in a few coturnix, and then call the State for an inspection, not mentioning that they had Bobwhites.  Ignorance can be a semi-excuse, if she takes care of everything, immediately. 

Does she have a receipt?  That would be pretty important to my agent, proving they were not obtained illegally.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:07:37 AM »

http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/Documents/2089.pdf
This is the permit app for a hobby permit for Missouri. You cannot sell to others with it but allows 50 or fewer quail or pheasants to be raised for personal use.
The permit app also costs $10 and has a place to order leg bands for $10 per 100.
Link to page with all permit forms-
http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/MDCLibrary/MDCLibrary2.aspx?NodeID=236
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 08:18:03 AM by mobe_45 » Logged

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »

Hey mobe, think maybe you could post that info under the "Missouri" section?   ^-^

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
mobe_45
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 06:36:02 PM »

yep

Mark
LM GOA
Benefactor NRA
PF Member
LM NAHC
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »