Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  ~*PICTURE UPDATE! My 48 hour old Button Quail!! *~
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ~*PICTURE UPDATE! My 48 hour old Button Quail!! *~  (Read 4076 times)
Quailer

« on: August 26, 2007, 10:52:31 PM »

You have all been soooo amazing helping me through the incubation and brooding I wanted to give back alittle bit!  I know how everyone loves seeing pictures, so here are some of my little buttons.  They are 48 hours old and doing very well.  There are 28 of them.  I hope you all enjoy!

Quailer

First hatching....See the little new baby in the back...Eggs are peeping in the front!

They are as small as a quarter~!

My dog (2.5 pound chihuahua) loves them!
WHITNEYPLU
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 11:02:08 PM »

Nice setup for them. Looks like you put a lot of thought into it, with the rocks in the waterer and paper towels. A++ for you. Like the pics and next you need to teach her to clean the brooder, feed and water them.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:23:13 PM »

:eek: I don't know who you got those eggs from, but those are not button quail!  Those appear to a cross between a Transylvanian Naked Neck and an Old English chicken!  You're going to need a big big pen for those.

I bet that dog does like them........we'll see how much you like the dog after he/she (pink collar) gets in there?

Setup looks good.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:35:41 PM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Quailer

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:34:20 PM »

I think that was a joke :)...but if it wasnt....No, they are definitely button quail.  They were bought from Brackenridge ranch, a very reputable farm who several people I know have bought from.  They are featured in the Gamebird Gazette.   Dont worry.  Their are several different colors due to different breeding pairs and mutations.  I'm keeping a close eye on the dog....She is only allowed to "look" when I am supervising ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:40:15 PM by Quailer » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 11:46:43 PM »

I think that was a joke :)

Can't blame a guy for tryin'        :twisted:

Just like Christmas.......Huh?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:19:57 AM by trailbossusa » Logged

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Quailer

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:48:20 PM »

hehe ;)  You honestly had me thinking you were serious at first!  I actually had to modify my post to say "I think you're joking...but"  LOL.  Man, I am dense!

wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 11:45:54 PM »

Not to be critical, but that waterer doesn't appear to hold much water.  Be sure to check it often, and it should work fine.

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
Quailer

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 01:47:32 AM »

Yes that waterer was only temporary, I was refilling it soooo often (like every 20 mintues).  But I only used it for the first day and a half.  Now I have a waterer with a trough that allows a constant supply of water from the connected bottle.  It is MUCH easier on me :).  I still have to refill it twice a day, and it holds about 1 cup of water!  Who knew these birds are such water lovers ;)

Quailer
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »