Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:05:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Supplier Feedback
| | |-+  Disappointed with Wadleys Customer Response
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disappointed with Wadleys Customer Response  (Read 4298 times)
Royal Flush Game Birds

« on: November 04, 2004, 09:36:38 PM »

Ordered 150 eggs from Wadleys last month and after arriving 18 were broken and the eggs had been sanded to remove some of the soiling .They had been sanded so much that it left my fingers chalky white when taking them out of the carton. I was thinking "these are some nasty eggs". I would never  consider selling them to anyone but would throw them away if they were from my birds. Now Im smart enough to order enough for breakage but really was not all that surprised considering the USPS. After incubation and hatching here are the results. Im down to 130  appx: before I start the incubation process. At hatch time I only have 27 hatch.  17 were either underdeveloped or died during piping. I decided to exaime the rest and they were infertile. Now I have been incubating for many years. I gave them a call and explained the situation and the first thing he says thru  some young girl on the phone is "must be something with your incubator" I was ticked that he didnt have the courtesy to talk to me but automatically tried to discourage the conversation from getting anywhere. I explained I had been incubating for years and know the difference between operator error and just plain infertile eggs. I asked what could he do and again without taking the time to talk to me " yelled to the girl , "On his next order we could ship him another 50 eggs for free" I couldnt believe he thought I would order another time.What an impression this guy left on me. I wont order from him again not so much because the eggs I recieved were substandard all the way around but because he could have cared less that I was unhappy. I sell thousands of eggs each year and if someone lets me know they either have a bad hatch or even breakage I make it good regardless. I want my customers to return and be happy also and sometimes that may mean not making a dime on an order. What is happening to folks these days ?  :x

WWW.ROYALFLUSHGAMEBIRDS.COM
bird288

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 07:18:19 PM »

Thanks,Royal, I was thinking about ordering some eggs from them.
I order some at the first of the year without any problems.The almighty
dollar that is what is happen to folks today,,,God Bless,,,,,,Jay :?
wirenut

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 09:56:25 AM »

I ordered from them a few weeks ago and there were around 7to 8 broken out of 130. They were poorly packed, but so far they have looked pretty good in the bator but I have to wait till next weekend to find out the results. Now I have also ordered from stricklands game birds for northerns eggs , that is all they sell is eggs, and they came in grest shape, I just can't be more happy with the way they were packed, out of 550 not one was even cracked and so far I have had 287 hatched with more in the bator as of now, I'm looking for around 350 or more , but I'm not the greatest at hatching either. So I give my thanks to stricklands but a little disgrunted with Wadleys.
drwink
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 01:04:04 PM »

I ordered 100 eggs in late april, there were 7 broken eggs but they had included 5 extra.
Out of 98 eggs, 54 hatched, so a little more than 50%.
The eggs arrived 3 days from the time I ordered & my wife put them in the fridge & didn't tell me.
This was my first time at incubation, considering the time probably spent in the to cold fridge, having a hard time getting the humity right I thought that wasn't to bad & figured it would only get better next time.

Maybe just the time of year ? But still you would think you would at least been able to talk to someone other than a child to help resolve your problems.

Birddogs, homegrown Tomatoes & the Blues
To me, it dosen't get any better than that

DW Farm & Kennel
finnegan

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 08:34:46 PM »

I  have  had  eggs  come  in  like that  and  it  sucks  i sell alot  of  button eggs and  if there  is  a  problem  with  them  arrriving  broken  which very    rarely  happens  or  if they  were  infertile  i  just  send  out  a  new  batch it  is  the  only  way to do  buisness Jim
magnumhntr
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2006, 09:10:38 PM »

I agree. I'll ship close to 10,000 eggs this year, and have always made right when there was a problem. As with Royal Flush, a happy returning customer is worth 100X more than the few dollars made at someones expense.

Chris Morehouse
www.mmgamebirds.com
Located in Southwest Michigan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »