Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 08:03:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Buy & Sell Gamebirds online!
Click Here for TQP Auction & Ads
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Ohio (Moderator: CharlieHorse)
| | | |-+  Permits
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Permits  (Read 6734 times)
millhoff
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:05:57 PM »

I'm starting up new, and need to know if i need anything other than a Wild Animal Propagation Permit from the ODNR to keep and raise gamebirds in Ohio. I live in a township and really don't need to worry about local issues but are interested in State and Federal requirments if any. Any information would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Mark
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 04:35:59 AM »

Why not do the right thing, and call the Ohio DNR, and get the answers that you seek!

Any migratory birds you will have to talk to the feds. Their permits are I think $100.00 for 5 years.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CharlieHorse
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:15:43 AM »

No, as long as they are being used under the guidelines stated under the specific permit that you obtain.  Selling for human consuption, such as to a restuarant, I would imagine would fall into a whole different situation.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Bobwhite quail24
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 05:59:20 AM »

I tried emailing them they got sick of me asking questions and quite anwsering me. lol I hope you find your anwser Millhoff
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »