Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Individual State/Country Discussion
| | |-+  Canada (Moderator: Reeves)
| | | |-+  Anti-Cruelty Bill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anti-Cruelty Bill  (Read 6440 times)
Reeves
Expert Member

« on: April 05, 2008, 12:03:41 PM »

Full text of Bill 213 (now numbered 203):

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/content/Senate/Bills/391/public/S-213/S-213_3/S-213_text-e.htm

clause 445.1:

Causing unnecessary suffering445.1 (1) Every one commits an offence who
(a) wilfully causes or, being the owner, wilfully permits to be caused unnecessary pain, suffering or injury to an animal or a bird;
(b) in any manner encourages, aids or assists at the fighting or baiting of animals or birds;
(c) wilfully, without reasonable excuse, administers a poisonous or an injurious drug or substance to a domestic animal or bird or an animal or a bird wild by nature that is kept in captivity or, being the owner of such an animal or a bird, wilfully permits a poisonous or an injurious drug or substance to be administered to it;
(d) promotes, arranges, conducts, assists in, receives money for or takes part in any meeting, competition, exhibition, pastime, practice, display or event at or in the course of which captive birds are liberated by hand, trap, contrivance or any other means for the purpose of being shot when they are liberated; or
(e) being the owner, occupier or person in charge of any premises, permits the premises or any part thereof to be used for a purpose mentioned in paragraph (d).
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:15:18 PM by Reeves » Logged
Reeves
Expert Member

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 12:09:26 PM »

(d) promotes, arranges, conducts, assists in, receives money for or takes part in any meeting, competition, exhibition, pastime, practice, display or event

This part concerns me. It will/may have a detrimental impact on clubs like 4-H and many more clubs.

or in the course of which captive birds are liberated by hand, trap, contrivance or any other means for the purpose of being shot when they are liberated;

I wonder how this is going to impact Pheasant release sites ?

Part (e) seems to include any person raising Pheasants and Quail :me. 

(this is all in Canada)
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 01:44:02 PM »

The web site link isn't working on my end.

Idiots!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Member

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »

Trying to get a new link.....Fixed
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 02:16:12 PM by Reeves » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 08:08:09 PM »

Sound as though, raising and releasing gamebirds is out of the question?....in Canada?  :-|

Looks to me like you can still go out and chop their heads off with a dull knife........just can't shoot them.  :x   Their must be some real geniuses up there.......must be from the overflow of them down here, spilling over onto your turf.   s47

s53

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 05:39:05 AM »

I guess this will also pertain to the falconers as well.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »