Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:27:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
TQP Forum has a new look!  Let us know what you think!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Brooding and Raising
| | |-+  Quail chicks dying
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Quail chicks dying  (Read 5532 times)
Faisal

Personal Text

« on: August 16, 2013, 02:39:18 AM »

I have buy a new incubator and replace with a old one due to get large space. The incubator is around 4ft length 2.5ft width and around 1 feet height. The Brooder Temperature is controlled and the temperature is 96 degree F. The problem which i am faing is that the quail chicks die when they are around 7-8days old. Everyday 10 chicks die and i have also kept new born quail chicks in this brooder and when they become 7 days old most of the chicks die. Kindly help me as around more then 100 chicks has been died.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:54:26 AM »

I have buy a new incubator and replace with a old one due to get large space. The incubator is around 4ft length 2.5ft width and around 1 feet height. The Brooder Temperature is controlled and the temperature is 96 degree F. The problem which i am faing is that the quail chicks die when they are around 7-8days old. Everyday 10 chicks die and i have also kept new born quail chicks in this brooder and when they become 7 days old most of the chicks die. Kindly help me as around more then 100 chicks has been died.

Your brooder temp is to low. Your brooder temp should be 100* for the first week and drop it down 5* every week their after for the first 5 weeks.

Make sure the water and feed are kept cool as well. Your chicks will not drink water if it is 100* and they won't eat the feed either.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »