Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:15:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Hope everyone had a great year.  Welcome to 2013.  Our monthly drawings will be starting back soon!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Barack Obama
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Is he eligible to be president? Is he a citizen?  (Voting closed: January 10, 2009, 10:18:00 PM)
Yes, for sure. - 2 (11.1%)
No way. - 10 (55.6%)
Need more info. - 5 (27.8%)
Do not care. - 0 (0%)
Yo' Momma! - 1 (5.6%)
Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Barack Obama  (Read 19970 times)
greyghost
« on: January 05, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

Should this be an historic inauguration, or a travesty? It's your vote!
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 10:22:23 PM »

This is a touchy topic.  c49

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
greyghost
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 10:46:47 PM »

Brent, why? Do you think Barack Obama is eligible to be the president of the United States of America? It is a simple yes or no. Some people think his Certificate of live birth is all they need to certify him. Others do not.
brentsquailfarm

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 11:13:34 PM »

I don't tust the man for one minute. But I have to live with it for 4 yrs. then it will be PALIN. An I will vote for her.

Don't forget to take a kid hunting or fishing.
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 05:16:06 AM »

Well.......... let's put it this way, The U.S. Supremes' won't listen to the case on whether obama is or isn't a certified U.S. Citizen. So we will find what will take place after he has taken the Oath of Office.

Some say he is the patsy for Biden to slide into office. Who knows..

....But I will say this for the most part. If it is found that he is not qualified as a U.S. Citizen after he is sworned in, sometime down the road, The U.S. Supreme Court will have lost all credibility in the eyes of the U.S. People.

All Federal Government Policy that was inacted by obama would be null and void, and as I stated, Biden would be at the helm. Whether Biden would leave in place that obama has started, or change to fit his needs, would be another issue that the people would have to deal with.

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
birdlover17
Expert Member

Adult Coturnix Male

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 01:23:11 PM »

you might want to add another option to the question saying, Not in a million years.
 s020

"People live like birds in the woods: When the time comes, each must take flight."

Raise Coturnix Quail, Ringneck Pheasant, Ringneck Doves for hobby.
wildergamebirds
Expert Member

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »

The U.S. Supreme Court will have lost all credibility in the eyes of the U.S. People.
Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Credi.....what?

When nuts are outlawed, only outlaws will have nuts, look at France.
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »

Call it what it is.

Just like Clinton, day after election and no one will admit voting for the waste.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
ode2god
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 10:30:20 AM »

has anyone seen the news about his idea about the stimulus ? he plans on no check ...just give you back a littleeachpaycheck off your withholding...so basically we will get $5-10 extra on our checks each week and less back on income taxes each yr. only the rich will profit and if you have more taken out to get back enough for home improvements etc. youll have to redo your paper work to balance it back out ...thats what hes lobbying for ...frontpg tampa tribune on tues
greyghost
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 11:34:41 PM »

As the CFO of this business that employees 140 people, I have resigned  myself to the fact that Barrack  Obama is our next President, and that our taxes and government fees will  increase in a BIG way.

To compensate for these increases, I figure that  the clients will have to see an increase in our fees to them of about 8% but  since we cannot increase our fees right now due to the dismal state of our  economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead. This has really  been eating at me for a while, as we believe we are family here and I didn't  Know how to choose who will have to go.

So, this is what I did. I  strolled thru our parking lot and found 8 Obama bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have  decided these folks will be the first to be laid off. I can't think of a more  fair way to approach this problem. These folks wanted change; I gave it to them.

This is not me, a friend sent this to me.  The bumper sticker on my car reads; I'll keep my guns, money and freedom. You can keep the "change."
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2009, 11:51:39 PM »

The waste of skins name alone on this site makes me sick, and degrades the entire forum as a whole.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
NH/Pete
Expert Member

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 07:34:00 AM »

grayghost,
That's the way I'll handle the next wave of layoffs also.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
Abraham Lincoln
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 08:31:08 AM »

One tax provision would provide a $500 tax cut for most workers and $1,000 for couples, at a cost of about $140 billion to $150 billion over two years. The individual tax cuts may be awarded through withholding less from worker paychecks, effectively making checks about $10 to $20 larger each week.

Democrats emerging from a closed-door meeting of the Senate Finance Committee had little positive to say about the tax cut proposals. Real businessmen were critical of the proposed break for workers and their families.

"Twenty bucks a week. How much of a lift is that going to give?" he said.

Nor did he sound positive about a proposed tax break for businesses to create jobs — a $3,000 tax credit for companies that hire or retrain workers.

"If I'm a business person, it's unlikely if you give me a several thousand dollar credit that I'm going to hire people if I can't sell the products they're producing," businessman said.

s020  I know that $500-1000 a year would set me up for life!   s020  Especially when my utilities, food, and basics went up $3000-$4000!     s020  Just think what a fella could do if he could manage to put that large sum of $10-$20 a month in a savings account and not spend it?    :grin:   Heck that would mean free text messaging per month and maybe a couple lottery tickets too!    YeeehhhhaaaaWWW!! 

c109

nicole

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »

Something that most Westerners don't know is that once you are a Muslim you cannot leave the religion. They will give you one chance to return if not you are an apostate. Islam doesn't follow the same rules or laws we do. An apostate must return or be killed. That puts a target on Obama's back from more places than one.

Since Obama was born to a muslim (in Kenya) and was taught in a madrassas in Indonesia (adopted by another Muslim father) until he was about 9 years old he is considered a muslim in the eyes of Islam.
ode2god
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »

just one more thing to look forward to...from newsmax s20

Gay Bishop Will Open Inaugural Weekend

Monday, January 12, 2009 11:00 AM 
CONCORD, N.H. – The first openly gay Episcopal bishop will offer a prayer at the Lincoln Memorial at an inaugural event for President-elect Barack Obama.
The selection of New Hampshire Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson for Sunday's event follows weeks of criticism from gay-rights groups over Obama's decision to have the Rev. Rick Warren give the invocation at his Jan. 20 inauguration.
Warren backed the ban on same-sex marriage that passed in his home state of California on the November ballot.
Robinson said last month the choice of Warren was like a slap in the face. In an interview with the Concord Monitor, he said he doesn't believe Obama invited him in response to the Warren criticism but said his inclusion won't go unnoticed by the gay and lesbian community.
"It's important for any minority to see themselves represented in some way," Robinson told the newspaper for a story in Monday's editions. "Whether it be a racial minority, an ethnic minority, or in our case, a sexual minority. Just seeing someone like you up front matters."
Clark Stevens, a spokesman for the inaugural committee, said Robinson was invited because he had offered his advice to Obama during the campaign and because of his church work. When asked whether Robinson was included to calm the Warren complaints, he said Robinson is "an important figure in the religious community. We are excited that he will be involved."
Robinson, 61, said both Obama and Vice President-elect Joe Biden will attend the event, and Obama is expected to speak. As for himself, Robinson said he doesn't yet know what he'll say, but he knows he won't use a Bible.
"While that is a holy and sacred text to me, it is not for many Americans," Robinson said. "I will be careful not to be especially Christian in my prayer. This is a prayer for the whole nation."
Robinson said his prayer will be reflective of the times.
"I think these are sober and difficult times that we are facing," he said. "It won't be a happy, clappy prayer."
Robinson's 2003 consecration has divided the church in the United States and abroad. Last month, theological conservatives upset by liberal views of U.S. Episcopalians and Canadian Anglicans formed a rival North American province.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »