Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 06:03:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Thank you for making us one of the highest ranking gamebird sites on the internet!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Raising Gamebirds
| |-+  Health Issues
| | |-+  one eyed bird??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: one eyed bird??  (Read 4443 times)
pgbirdman
« on: May 31, 2004, 03:35:51 PM »

Help!!!   One of my male Coturnix escaped from the pen last week.  We looked everywhere for it (we live in downtown Prince George) and tried to find it, as there are lots of cats, roads, cars etc.  We could not find it anywhere and the next day we saw the neighbors dog had it.  This dog was very gentle with the bird and by shear luck was used to birds as its owner raised crows.  The bird seemed fine, maybe a little shook up, but no visable injuries.  Now yesterday I noticed its one eye is "growing over"  Its like it was never there.  He seems otherwise fine.  Does anyone know what has happened to my bird??  Will he be OK?
pgbirdman
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 08:07:31 PM »

Still a lot of problems with this bird.  Some days he seems OK and others his eye is bleeding or scabby.  He is separated from the other birds but just not getting better.
pgbirdman
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 03:09:36 AM »

Not sure if there is anything to this or not, but, since I wormed all my birds a week ago, this bird has healed up real fast. His eye is fine and he's plumped up and looking healthy again.  Oh, I also put a female in with him.  Seems to have given him a reason to get better!!!
komori35
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 05:54:47 PM »

well im glad the bird's all right. although, i suppose a one-eyed bird WOULD be kinda cool  :P

-komori
birdman182
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 09:30:47 AM »

well to get his eye better try putting some salt water on a rag and gentely rub it on his bad eye
CHARLIE

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 10:09:39 PM »

I HAVE A BLONDE FEMALE QUAIL THAT LOST AN EYE SOMEHOW AS A CHICK. SHE IS 2 YRS OLD NOW AND LAYS AN EGG EVERY OTHER DAY, OTHER THAN THE EYE SHE IS A FINE BIRD AND IT DONT SEEM TO BOTHER HER AT ALL.
          CHARLIE

WAS A ADVANCED MEMBER IN THE OLD FORUM
wvgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 08:53:03 AM »

I had a one eyed bird in my last flock and she did great. If going to release, it would make it easier to be caught. If you are using it as a breeder, then it won't matter. Glad you had good sucess with it. Other birds will pick on a sickly bird as well.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »