Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 03:13:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  Mr. Recycling (13 pictures)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mr. Recycling (13 pictures)  (Read 16691 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »

The ole' lawn mower wheels is a good idea.

I thought so too !
For those that don't know, BBQ wheels are hollow thin plastic. Lawn mower wheels are solid rubber (mostly? never cut one apart) and the rim is a lot more sturdy that the cheap plastic ones. You can see this in the pictures.
I had saved a good number of castors (like on couches, sofa chairs etc) but the ones in the picture seemed to be the toughest ones I had. Using those due to the weight of the welder.

On another note.....remember the 6" steel pipe I brought home in March ? I moved some from the middle of the pile, put plastic in this "trough" and filled with water. I then put one of those trees you've seen me collecting and soak for 3-4 days. Makes peeling the bark off a snap !
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 01:54:14 PM »

You're,  just a plain genius,  I guess I'm too simple minded to come up with all them neat ideas.  No pun intended
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 04:26:02 PM »

Rained out. Again.

So, out to the shop. Finished the under carriage up-date on the welder trolly and it's ready for work !

Also got another neat log done. Still one day needs a coating, maybe something like Thompson water seal ? It will one day end up inside a pen as a roof support. Got bent as a young tree and grew in a circle.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 07:52:57 PM by Reeves » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2008, 04:47:19 PM »

That appears to be one old Lincoln welder.  The one I grew up with, is every bit of 30+ years old and it is shaped like the new ones they sell today.

Rain?   j10  We're about to get blasted with 10 inches of rain in 2 minutes again today, not to mention the "large" hail their calling for. Just like women........can't live with 'em, and can't live without 'em!    c49

Good Job Reeves.....looks good!  Waste not, want not.

:grin:

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »

Welder used to belong to his Dad. So it has some age on it, as he is the same age as me now. Not sure how long his Dad has been gone.

We didn't get anywhere near that much rain !
jaime7997
Expert Member

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »

jaime...born and raised on/with Dad's heavy construction (D-8s etc) plus building cars , dune buggies etc etc from a lad , all my life. Invent "stuff" and build. I've also given ideas away for free (dumb !) that I really should have put patents on.
I think most older folks will be much the same. Had to invent stuff to make money go farther, plus the "Fun Factor" of building stuff and inventing better ways to do things.

From what I've seen, it is becoming a "lost art".
Good for you! My dad is the same way. If it can be welded together, or held with twine or something, he'll make it work. Interesting the things he comes up with! j2
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »

Jbird, I will show you mine if you show me yours!

I don't have any pics here at work but I will see what I got at home. I tried to scan a photo I had here and it looked horrible.

Your car sounds pretty nice. I took mine to a few shows when we first redid it but I haven't since. I had some stuff stolen off of it at the street machine nationals in Duqion, IL a long time ago and I have been to a show since.

How about you CH, are you not driving yours anymore?
Here is a pic of my car a few years back, before the fender bender. It's still the garage and has not been repaired as of lately,   PS hope the pic goes through OK, never tried before
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 01:50:23 PM by jbird » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »