Website Main Page
Forum Main Page

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:31:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Adding Pictures to your message is EASY! 
While creating a topic, click on ADDITIONAL OPTIONS and then the Browse
button. Select a picture file from your computer and your done!
42420 Posts in 6016 Topics by 2375 Members
Latest Member: jg102
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  That Quail Place Forum
|-+  Our Member's Section
| |-+  Off Topic Discussion and Current Event's
| | |-+  greyghost
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: greyghost  (Read 3077 times)
Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« on: June 18, 2008, 08:18:09 AM »

Last two days when I view a topic with any new pictures posted all I see are those white boxes with a red x in it.
This is happening on several forums.
Any ideas ?
Off to run a couple scans....

OK, ran two bug scans, Spybot S&D and AdAware , then dumped the Temp files and it's still doing it.
Would it be some setting in the computer I'm unaware of ?

Another unrelated ....with the home comp, those e-con thingys will not animate, unless I right click them and choose: "show original picture". Is this also some setting I can change ?

Speak slow and simple. I can only hear slow and simple.  :-|
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 08:55:38 AM by Reeves » Logged
CharlieHorse
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

Northern Bobwhites

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 10:02:23 AM »

No problems on this end, everything works.  Did ya clean out the cookies and all of that kind of toyota (garbage)?

If you weren't surfing those questionable websites constantly, you probably wouldn't be getting bugs?    LOL!

I'm not any good at computer diagnosis unless I'm setting there looking at it in person.

Good Luck!

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
Suz658
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »

If you've tried' ctrl+F5' to hard refresh and clear all temp internet files and that hasn't worked, (if your using Internet Explorer) you could try looking in 'options' there are those little boxes to tick for javascript and active x, maybe check if those are ticked.

Suz
Pheasant Hollow Farm
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

EST. 2001 Owner/Operator Located in Slate, WV

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »

If you've tried' ctrl+F5' to hard refresh and clear all temp internet files and that hasn't worked, (if your using Internet Explorer) you could try looking in 'options' there are those little boxes to tick for javascript and active x, maybe check if those are ticked.

Suz

Hey suz,

We are talking Canada, Reeves has ask nicely now
Speak slow and simple. I can only hear slow and simple. 
You are talking much to fast for him, and as far as reading, he hasn't taken the Evelyn Woods speed reading class s020

Steve
Pheasant Hollow Farm

Specializing in Manchurian Ring-necked Pheasants and Melanistic Mutant Pheasants for release, propagation and the hunting community. Licensed by the State of WV. DNR# D6-42-23-GF1
CoopVilla
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:40:11 PM »

Suggestions:

Remove and re-install any 3rd party firewall.

Clear your internet cache and temporary files - <a href="http://www.ccleaner.com/>Try here[/url]

IE reset - Try here

MTU settings - Try here

System Restore

Reeves
Expert Contributor
Expert Member

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 07:53:48 AM »

Turns out PhotoBucket got hacked and will be back up in a day or so. When I clicked on favorites link, it re-directed me to a get a free web site thingy. Even tried through Google to get into Phototbucket and it did the same thing.
However, this morning there is a message from Photobucket with the above info.....so nothing wrong with the computer !
jbird
Expert Member

Gods Creatures are for everyone to enjoy

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »

Thanks Reeves, and everyone else.  I was having the same trouble and thought I would wait and see what the rest of the group might come up with.  When it comes to computers I don't have a clue on how to go about any repairs. Just computer illiterate
CoopVilla
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 08:44:15 AM »

Photo bucket ? Well, glad to hear it worked out for ya !  :grin:

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »